Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2008, 12:28 PM   #1

Another new Surveyor 291 owner

Howdy all,

Wife and I picked up a new SV291 a month ago. This was a great step up for us... our previous TT was a FR Wildwood LE 25FB... just one queen bed, no slide. Good TT for the wife and I, but with three kids that we have had along the way, it was C-R-O-W-D-E-D.

New TT has bunks for the kids to sleep in, a "mini-slide" to open up more room for us, and a little more counter space for us. It tows like a dream behind my 08 Z71.

We had the dealer add bug screens, Max Flows, and a real Porcelin toilet. We added a 26" LCD/DVD combo that fits great on the bar near the dinette. Now, if only I can figure out the Satellite hookup!

We have used it once, but are heading out this weekend to put it through its paces.

Enjoy the forum tremendously...

2008 Chevy CCab 5.3L 4WD Z71
2008 FR Surveyor 291
Champion Genset
Slpybear, Mrs Slpybear, Three Cubs
slpybeartx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #2

Taking ours out Wednesday for an extended Memorial Day vacation. 291 is virgin. Breaking it in tomorrow, can't wait. Did you know that it is possible to spend two hundred plus dollars at Wally World for more stuff? Well...at least I have a decent coffee maker now.
Bill U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:27 AM   #3
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Welcome!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:11 AM   #4

Welcome to the Forum!
I hope you love you 291 as much as we love ours. It's everything we need in a home away from home. We are into our second season with ours and couldn't be happier. The only thing I would say that you may want to do is to put Teflon tape on your faucet connections. I had to do that on my kitchen and bathroom sink faucets. I checked my shower connections and while there were no leaks,since I had the access open, I used the Teflon tape on it also.
The 291 is a great trailer to pull for it's size, no more trouble than the Hybrid we had. but lots more room.
Enjoy your Surveyor and your Summer.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:51 PM   #5

One question I have to ask... does everyone else's 291 have a problem with the awning and the door? First trailer I have seen where the door does not open all the way when the awning is out... it hits the awing riser.

???? Can't imagine why it would have left the factory that way...

2008 FR Surveyor 291
Champion Genset
Old 05-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #6

Actually, I'm ok with the awning post stopping the door from opening the door fully. On our last camper, the wind caught the door and slammed it against the side of the trailer and drove the door stop peg completely through the door. I never put my awning in the carport set up.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:29 PM   #7

I am going to find one of those "floatie tubes" that you see in pools and cut and split it so the door will not "slam" against the awning. Then, I am rigging a way to keep the door open.

Of course, why I am worried about this when the heat is starting to settle in here in Texas?

2008 FR Surveyor 291
Champion Genset