Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2014, 09:12 AM   #1

Another Newbie saying *Hello*!

Hello from California!

My family and I are about to pick up our 1st RV today and super excited!!! I loved camping as a kid and the hubster lived in a camper for 2 years during his teenage years as he and his dad built a house together. The years have gotten away from us and all we seem to do is work, work, work. Well, we said "no more"! We purchased a new 2015 Rockwood Roo last week and we get to pick it up from the dealership today. From this point on, our primary focus is to make our job as Dog Trainers remote and take it on the road and starting Jan 2nd '15, gonna join the community of Full-Time RV'ers!!! Wahoo!!!

We don't know what to expect, especially as a family consisting of a mentally disabled 10 year old and a 12 month old who doesn't know the meaning of the word "Fear". I plan to start a blog and work on my photography/videography skills along the way so we can share our experiences with others who are tired of the rat race like we are. We don't expect to get much support from our family and friends. We are certain to get the response that we are crazy (which we are), but my hubby and I are stoked and can't wait for our new adventure to begin.

So, thought I'd stop to say *Hello* to all of you on this forum. I look forward to reading about all of your experiences, suggestions, tips & tricks, etc as my family and I get going here. Wherever you are, hope you have a great day!

nurver78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
Average Joe

Welcome from Maryland! Lots of good folks and information here. Happy reading and RVing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #3

WOW! Good for you! Sounds fantastic - so jealous! Wish we could do the same but unfortunately we cannot at this time in our lives.
Please post your blog address once you get it up and rolling! I look forward to hearing about your adventures. And if you make it to PA, I have a German Shepherd dog that could use a little fine tuning!
Jennifer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #4
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Welcome to the forum. The wife and I started full timing about five years ago. I retired from the Navy and we wanted to feel free. Our wish is to start a Yorkie kennel from the RV "On the road". We have three so far (no puppiues). Heading to Texas next week and would love to hear about your travels and puppies too.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:10 PM   #5

Welcome from South Carolina!

Wow! Sounds like y'all got a real exciting and awesome adventure ahead of y'all!

This is a great forum. If you got questions they have answers!!

Happy RVin!!

2013 Aviator Electra
2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
& a chihuahua named Daisy
SharkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:16 PM   #6

Welcome to the forums and good luck with the new unit.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #7

Welcome from Wisconsin.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:46 PM   #8
Site Team

Welcome to the forums from SoCal! You can expects lots of memories to come. And you will also have some good stories to share while sitting around the campfire later on.

Happy camping!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags