Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2015, 10:37 PM   #1

Back Into a Pup After Tenting 5 Years

We had a huge old Rockwood Pup that we bought used and was never in very good condition. After one bunk collapsed with a couple of kids in it, we gave it to friends for a hunting shack, and we tented it for 5 years. In spite of having the best tent in the world (a real, floored vestibule, and screen house to cover it, so never got wet going in or out), with a real bed in it, we decided camping had become too much about setting up and breaking camp, and we're not getting any younger. With the possibility of a hybrid in mind, we got a used Toyota Sequoia, and began the camper search. What we brought home turned out to be a 2008 Flagstaff/Forest River M-205 Mac. It's got all the bells and whistles we wanted, but was not extremely well cared for, so I'm very happy to have found this forum. I can see already that we'll get all the help we need here.
OutOfTheTent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:59 PM   #2
Done with this

Welcome! There are some pretty smart cookies around here.

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1fan View Post
Welcome! There are some pretty smart cookies around here.
X2!!! And welcome back!
mbCik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:57 AM   #4

PUPs are so much fun. Our old PUP actually had more sleeping space (but less storage) than our HTT. If you have questions about your rig, this is the place to look for answers (Pinterest is a great second option-search word 'camp'.) If you can think of a question, someone here will guide you toward the answer. I'm so glad I found this forum. It is as entertaining as it is useful.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke
KateE is offline   Reply With Quote