Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2015, 07:08 AM   #1

Been Camping all my life thanks to mom and dad.

And now Im taking my son , and have since he was 8 months old (now 14 years old) Traded in my 1999 coleman pop up for a 2015 hybrid Forrest River 23tqx TT and have had it out at some nearby state parks a few Times already. Trip planned for Branson MO. Memorial Day as a final "shake down" Before the Trip to colorado mid June to show him the Mountains and things I have grown to love over the past 50 years of camping in that state. ( RMNP and Durango Train Here we come!)
One of the things I really like about this new trailer is the 3 fold out or "expandable" beds.. for the overnight stop we just jump in and sleep on the dinette bed, and the sofa bed without using the slide out, or pulling the expandable's down. but on trips when he can bring a friend or 2, or If I can talk ole Mom And Dad to come along, I have 3 queen size beds .
So far the only thing i dont like is the gas mileage while pulling on the highway.. But I expected that.
Id Like to say hello to everyone, Happy Camping, and Im glad to have found, and now be a part of this community .
____Dakotasdad____
dakotasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:33 AM   #2

Welcome from Madison, AL. Camping memories are the best, you can do so many things while camping that you can't do well in a hotel. My family like most others loves to sit outside by the fire even when it is 95 degrees, toast marshmallows, make little pie over the fire tell silly stories. Enjoying Gods great out doors makes for wonderful memories.

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:36 AM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to FRF!
I believe your hybrid is a Coachmen, since there no hybrids with a Forest River model name.
There is a Coachmen sub-forum, in the Hybrids/Expandables section here, if want info from other Coachmen hybrid owners.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the FROG family!!
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Welcome to FRF!
I believe your hybrid is a Coachmen, since there no hybrids with a Forest River model name.
There is a Coachmen sub-forum, in the Hybrids/Expandables section here, if want info from other Coachmen hybrid owners.
Yep You are correct .. It is a Forest River Coachman, If you will... Thanks for the info, Ill check out the sub- Forum
dakotasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:23 AM   #6

dakotasdad, like you I have been camping all of my life, starting with my parents in tents. Our kids camped before their first birthdays (while we were still tenting). Our grandson took his first steps while camping 2 years ago (when we had our PUP). It just keeps getting better. We now have a NTU Hybrid (2007 Rockwood Roo 232). I'll never understand people that stay inside when the great outdoors is calling. We have met the most incredible friends while camping. When I tried to get my cousin to go out camping with us once, she looked at me with a shocked face and asked "Do you know what kind of people are out there?" All I could answer with was "Yeah, people like me!"
KateE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:59 AM   #7

Welcome, camping has always been I huge part of my life. As a kid we would camp every weekend from memorial day to labor, regardless of weather. I was one of six kids, so there was 8 of us in a 24' tt. We loved it. I bought a camper of our own last year for my son, wife, and myself. With all the video games, cell phones, and internet. Camping is such a great escape.
abomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping