Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2020, 09:13 PM   #1
MLMASH

Black and Gray sensors not working

My 26' Wildwood is a 2017. I used it by myself only a few times before the warranty expired so I never thought about checking the tanks to see how full they were. Go ahead 3 years I had family members stay with me a couple nights and I kept pressing the buttons to be sure the gray and black tanks were not getting too full. The last day water came up in the bathtub. The gray still only showed one green light for 1/4 full. The same for the black tank. I honestly don't think they ever worked. I checked the connections for tightness on the sensors on each tank. I also removed the panel holding the sensor buttons to check for any loose connections. I also put a cleaning solution which was recommended to use in the tanks to clean the sensors. Filled each one half way and drove around a large field zigging, zagging and making abrupt stops to swish the stuff around in the tanks. Drained and refilled each one twice and still only 1 green light for gray and black. Any ideas? Thank you.
mlmaschmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:44 PM   #2

These sensors are known for their unreliability. They do make sensors that can be retrofitted, but we've never tried them. You may have to clean the tanks more than once, but there's no guarantee. Most of us have just learned to live with the unreliability.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:33 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmaschmeyer View Post
I also put a cleaning solution which was recommended to use in the tanks to clean the sensors. Filled each one half way and drove around a large field zigging, zagging and making abrupt stops to swish the stuff around in the tanks. Drained and refilled each one twice and still only 1 green light for gray and black. Any ideas? Thank you.
Adding a cleaning solution to tanks that have sat for 3 years and driving around for a while, probably not going to do much.
If you don't have a black tank flush, I would buy a tank flush wand and see if it can clear the black tank sensor.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
black