Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2021, 07:34 PM   #1
Yearling

Talking Black Water Tank Level Sensors Screwy

This is Kay's and my first year full-timing. We love the life, even though this winter has been a challenge. Nothing like taking a drink from a firehouse for a quick leaning experience. We sold the house in San Diego and haven't looked back. We've driven cross country at least 3 times this and last year, and are learning it's less work to stay longer in once place than over-programming trying to see as much as quickly as we can. We're "old" so sometimes we want to make sure we get to see things "this year" rather than put them off especially if we aren't too far away. And, our definition of too far away has been changing lol.

Our main motivation for selling everything and living this life, is to travel sharing our testimony, and make known to people who haven't heard the full story from their pastors, the gospel of Jesus Christ, Jeshua Hamashiach, His promises, and what God has to offer.

This first year traveling, we have a persistent, possibly worsening issue with the black water tank. Specs on my Rockwood 2706WS (33 ft) say I have a 45 gallon black water tank. (Tech at dealer says it's much smaller). I always put in 4 caps of Tank Digest with a gallon of water to start and have inconsistent reading on my panel so can't tell level of liquid in tank. I've used the tank-wash/flush inlet for from 15 minutes to 2 hours. Filled the bowl multiple times for a "push" flush (valve open of course). when dumping, water starts to run clear within 5 minutes or less. It never reads empty, goes from 1/3 to 2/3 after 6 quick pees with minimal flush water. It can go for 4 days with 2 people using it, never reads full, but when "testing" to see if full light comes on, had sewage seeping from under toilet before indicator light shows tank is full. This issue has persisted from the time I first started using the camper. I will try putting a bag of ice down the shoot next timer I move to help dislodge any paper stuck on the sensors. Would like to avoid pulling bowl, opening underbelly and dropping the tank for visual inspection. Any similar experiences or suggestions?
GodsJarsOfClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:58 PM   #2

A suggestion Dawn dish liquid down the toilet helps clean the tank sensors.
Days Camped:2021 - 21
evorv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black water, tank, water, water tank