Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2021, 11:28 PM   #1

Boom! Officially a first timer!

Just purchased a 2021 FR VIBE 28BH and couldn’t be more excited. Pick up is on Thursday 2/4.

Honestly, feeling a bit anxious about how much I still don’t know...but there’s no turning back now. Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated.
SirMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:35 AM   #2

Congratulations and Welcome from New Jersey, Do a thorough walkthrough and make sure everything is working b4 you drive away. Ask questions here
Chris Pastuzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:02 AM   #3

As Chris said if you have not already done your walk-through. We did our walk last week and found a usb receptacle drawing too much and would make the bunk lights slightly blink. They are suppose to fix that before we go and pick up to bring home. The technician said it was the line the lights were on being same as usb and several lights. A factory thing.....hopefully though it can be rectified.

We newbies to this too and have read and watched YouTube until we are cross eyed!

We look forward to family time together though in our travel trailer.

Tow vehicle: 2020 Ford F-250 4WD Super Duty 7.3 XLT FX4 Crew

TT: 2021 Grey Wolf 26 DBH
Germanrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:16 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new purchase!
Old 02-03-2021, 07:20 AM   #5
Campaholic

Welcome to the forum from Winnipeg Manitoba
Greg.miranda.travels
Fun finders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMike View Post
Just purchased a 2021 FR VIBE 28BH and couldn’t be more excited. Pick up is on Thursday 2/4.

Honestly, feeling a bit anxious about how much I still don’t know...but there’s no turning back now. Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated.

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum. When you go to pick it up tomorrow and have your PDI walk thru with their technicians, make sure to video that time with them with your cell phone. This is especially the case since this is your first RV. There will be lots of things they will show you that you'll need to remember later and is easy to forget two or three months from now.

Also, there is a PDI checklist to print out on this site to bring with you before you go to ensure they show you everything. Click the Library link on the main page and the PDI Checklist is located on the left side in the Most Popular Files section.

Good Luck!
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:39 AM   #7
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. As mentioned do a good PDI. You can find this helpful guide by going to the top green header bar and click on Library and search for PDI it is printable. Good luck. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:59 AM   #8

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats and enjoy your 2021 FR VIBE 28BH.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:35 AM   #9

Study and be sure you understand the waste tanks dump procedure and clean out . Study and understand what works on the 12 volt system and what requires 110 volts . Understand heat and air and what the AUTO on thermostat does ! Those 3 things are what causes the most confusion on RV forums . Find the FUN button and push it on a regular basis .
wanderingbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:38 PM   #10

Question: since I’m picking it up in mid winter it will likely be winterized. Would I still want them to show me water systems working? Can they without having de-winterize and re-winterize?
Old 02-04-2021, 07:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Question: since I’m picking it up in mid winter it will likely be winterized. Would I still want them to show me water systems working? Can they without having de-winterize and re-winterize?
Although I've never took ownership to an RV during winter months, I'd bet it'll be de-winterized since they should verify with you the water system is operational during the walk-thru. I would make them show me that both the RV's water and septic systems are operational and not leaking anywhere before taking ownership. Once done, I'd make sure they re-winterize the water and septic systems before you leave the dealership, since it'll only take them maybe 20 to 30 minutes to do.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:00 AM   #12

Quote:

Welcome to the Forum from Florida. So Today (4th) is your pickup day -congratulations on your new Vibe 28BH, you must be excited. You'll be able to find answers on the Forum to what questions you may have.

What will you be towing your Vibe with?

Safe Travels.
2019 F150 Screw, 6.5 bed, 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost
w/ Trailer Tow Package - Yellow Sticker Payload : 1810 lbs. (sold)
RGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:46 PM   #13

Go through everything with the dealer, and don't be afraid to ask. Also, if you had aftermarket stuff put on, and you don't like how it turned out, don't be afraid to challenge on that either. Point out everything you can see, especially if its a quick fix they can do right then.

Case in point. When we bought our unit, we asked to have a vent cover put on over the bathroom vent (like a maxxair cover). The bathroom was a big selling feature for us in size and how bright the space was. We got to the walkthough and it was super dark, besides it being sunny outside. I went outside and noticed they put on a black vent cover instead of a white one. TBH, we had not specified a color.

We went inside the parts area and saw they had many white ones. So I asked them to change it out. At first they were hesitant but eventually they switched it out right then. I could have brought it back but they are a 4 hour trip from home. Once they did that the problem was fixed.

Had we not asked...maybe it wouldn't have got swapped. I know those vent covers are easy, but still. We found many more things on the subsequent first trip, most of which have been corrected, some are still waiting for this year. So you want to get the easy stuff out of the way if you can.

Also make sure they do a good setup of your hitch. If your not happy, have them make it so you are. Most don't have the tools or fortitude to tackle that kind of thing at home, so try and make sure its the best it can be before you leave. Granted you won't be loaded for camping, but thats ok.

good luck!
{Tpc} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGrimm View Post
Welcome to the Forum from Florida. So Today (4th) is your pickup day -congratulations on your new Vibe 28BH, you must be excited. You'll be able to find answers on the Forum to what questions you may have.

What will you be towing your Vibe with?

Safe Travels.
Towing with a 2017 Nissan NV 3500 SL. It was a breeze!

Tags
first time