Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #1

Talking Both Feet

Although my family began camping last year - I thought a small intorduction might help...

I grew up in a family that owned a cabin on one of the beautiful Northeren Michigan Lakes so caming was never a part of my life. Last year due to a new job that took me away for long stretches of time my father-in-law lent my wife and I the use of their motor home to spend a weekend with the kids. We had a blast! Shortly there after we purchasd a Keystone Summerland (2010) which was a simple bunk house modle. Well I ended up living in it to save money for the rest of the year but we also took it with us on our vacations to Cedar Pointe and Disney World (during the Feb snow storn in Atlanta - That was not fun). But the time in the trailer led us to one conclusion - Camping is the best.

As soon as we got home from Florida we went to our local dealer looking to upgrade (as I will be living in the trailer now for 7 months this year). While the new models were great we found a virtualy new 2008 Salem 30QBSS that was just the ticket for us. After some negotiating with the dealer we were able to get everything settled and we are looking forward to picking it up this Saturday and moving it to the campground near my job location on the 28th of this month.

While we still plan on taking the trailer around to a couple of other campgrounds this summer I am looking forward to having my "home away from home" set up so that I can enjoy the things I love rather than a hotel room surrounded by concrete and asphalt.

2008 Salem 30QBSS
Ford F250 w/ BullyDog GT
Bear Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and to camping. It's great being able to take your home to where ever you want to be. No matter if it's the beach, your favorite lake or the mountains you always have YOUR home there.

My aunt and uncle live in Lansing and I have spent some time in up-state MI and it is a beautiful place. I loved Macinac Island and can't wait to retire so that I can share places like this I travelled to as a kid with my wife. Also can't wait to get back to Dearborn to the museums again.

You will find this a welcome and helpful group if you have issues and there are no dumb questions so fire away.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

to FRF and congrats on the new RV. Hopefully you'll have plenty chances to do your traveling in the new unit.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Ehlendt
Ahhhhh...Michigan. Our family has a cabin up on the AuSable and previously had a cabin over near Houton Lake on a river that slips my mind now. I would spend summers up there with my father while he moonlighted during the summer months as a park ranger.....he was a teacher. Love Michigan and hope to be able to move back some day!!

Congrats on the new "Home" and your future travels!!!

John
Reese WD Hitch
"Get busy living.....or get busy dying."
Ehlendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #5

I love Michigan, went to college in Grand Rapids, sure miss the place, got a chance to visit Macinac Island and several townships on Lake Michigan, but didn't have money to buy any camping gear, I now have three kayaks and would be in heaven there. Hopefully will take my wife and kids to visit sometime
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #6

Thank you

Thank you all for the welcome.

I must admit I do believe that I do live in one of the most beautiful state (during the warmer weather). Our cabin is on Higgins Lake which is beautiful but we are just beginning to experience the true beauty of the state with camping.

I'm looking forward to reading more on the site and learning all of the little tricks so that we can continue to experience all that this kind of life style can offer.

Thanks again to you all!

2008 Salem 30QBSS
Ford F250 w/ BullyDog GT
Bear Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:24 PM   #7

Welcome to FRF!!
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote