Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2015, 01:26 PM   #1
Daymatee

Campground cable

I have a 2012 Salem and can't seem to be able to get campground cable to work on the TV. I can pull in stations at various places with the antenna or booster, but the last two campgrounds I ran cable from their cable connections to the connection on the out side of my TT and scanned for channels, but I can't seem to get cable connections to work. Yes, booster is off, I bought a new cable and tried screwing that on to connections. Any other suggestions? Thx
Daymatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:33 PM   #2

How many cable connections are there on the side of your trailer? Some, like mine, have 2 connections. 1 for cable TV and the other is for satellite. If you have 2 on the outside, the same is true for your inside connections. 1 will be for antenna / cable TV, and the other for satellite. It is an easy mistake to connect to the wrong one.
propbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:34 PM   #3

I've got a '14 Grey Wolf, and was having a similar issue...

I'm assuming the cable works in the campground, and the issues are on "your" side, since you mentioned it's happened at multiple locations.

Easy way to prove that would be running a long cable from the campground service directly to your TV and ensure that works... That'll isolate the problem into your trailer system.

First off, have you got the TV connected to the "Sat/Cable" jack, instead of the Antenna jack inside?

Second - my Cable inlet was mis-wired from the factory - the cable connection on the side of the trailer was correct, but it wasn't correct at the jack panel above the TV. When I corrected that, my cable and sat experience got drastically better...

Nights Camped 2016: 44

Nights Booked 2017: 11
Nights Camped 2017: 6
OntarioFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:42 PM   #4

Cable

I have found that most campgrounds have cable but you have to pay extra or have there cable box to on scramble.even with full hook ups.
outloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:58 PM   #5
NewBee

Send a message via Skype™ to TheRamaraos
My RV has a switch behind the main tv that has to be pushedd in to disconnect the antenna. Connect the cable to the Cable TV outlet outside, toggle switch inside, run channel search and it works.
2015 Chevy 3500HD SRW Duramax with Alison
TheRamaraos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:25 PM   #6

Also check menu on tv. On Jensen you have to switch from air to cable
brookstone345sa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg