Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #1

Considering Cardinal 3450 RL Used

Newbies here!

We have spent about 6 months trying to decide between FW and motor home, and decided to go FW. Then the past 3 months trying to find the right used rig. This ad caught our eye:

Beutiful luxury 5th wheel for sale. Four hydraulic slides, electric awning, electric front and rear jacks. The slides,Jacks and awning have a remote control 12 gallon hot water tank, 40 gallon grey water tank, 40 gallon fresh water tank, 40 gallon black water tank, all tanks heated to prevent freezing, heated underbelly, tinted windows, lots of exterior lights, king size bed, large mirrored closet, 32" flat screen tv in bedroom with dvd player, porceline toilet, round glass shower, ensuite door to bathroom from bedroom, closet at entranced for jackets, 4 door fridge, oven and micro wave, largw Flat screen tv in living room, fireplace, ceiling fan, air conditioner and heat pump, table and chairs instead of a booth, hide a bed sofa in living room, central vac, corean counter tops, all cherry wood throughout, dvd with surround sound in lioving room. fantastic automatic fan in bedroom. This unit pulls easily with a 3/4 ton diesel. 2005 GMC diesl truck also available if purchased with the trailer. This trailer would be greaat for full timers, as a winter travel unit, or as apark model. You can Google Forest River Cardinal 3450 RL and get factory info if you wish.

they are asking $46,500 for the rig alone which feels high to me, based on what I've seen but it is the exact floor plan that I wanted.

It is a 2011. Original owner, and he is selling his truck too. No pets, no smokers. Other than the list in the library, is there anything else in this make/model we should be aware of? Is this a good truck for this rig?

Thank you.
MicheleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #2

Michelle,

I'd suggest going to the NADA site to see how the unit prices out based on their guides - http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs. Here is some additional information on the unit itself - http://www.rvguide.com/specs/forest-...l/3450-rl.html. I think the weight of the unit is too heavy for a 3/4 ton truck myself, but you really need to get all the numbers from the truck and run it through the towing calculator to be sure. Here's a link to a good site for calculating your tow capacity - http://changingears.com/rv-sec-calc-...eight-fw.shtml.

If you decide to go for it give it a real good look checking the seals and roof for any damage or signs of leaks.

Good luck on your search.
2013 Cardinal 3030RLS - sold
jtaylor1920 is offline   Reply With Quote