Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2021, 01:06 PM   #1

Deposit on First Trailer E-pro15TB

I just put a deposit on a 15TB at Stolzfus RV in Adamstown. I'm getting pretty excited to be able to actually see it when it arrives in April (I hope). Been researching the heck out of it and trying to learn as much as I can about it. The size will be right, I think, for my 2015 Ford Flex. I'll be travelling solo. I've been wondering about a few things and would like to get some questions answered. So I signed up for the forum. Thanks!
jdjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:23 PM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:45 PM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. Make sure to do a good PDI when you go to pick up your new unit. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:26 PM   #4

Welcome from NJ! We also bought our camper from Stoltzfus in Adamstown, and were very pleased with the dealer. We got it for a good price, they didn’t try to push any extras on us, and provided a very thorough walkthrough.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
Welcome from NJ! We also bought our camper from Stoltzfus in Adamstown, and were very pleased with the dealer. We got it for a good price, they didn’t try to push any extras on us, and provided a very thorough walkthrough.

Yeah..my sales guy is Lee. Are we supposed to do these PDI's at the dealer? I had to search what PDI meant and I found a checklist that is supposed to take 3 to 4 hours right here:

https://www.rvwiththetanners.com/pre...ery-inspection
Old 02-15-2021, 06:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjeff View Post
Yeah..my sales guy is Lee. Are we supposed to do these PDI's at the dealer? I had to search what PDI meant and I found a checklist that is supposed to take 3 to 4 hours right here:

We spent about 1 1/2 hours going over everything. You want to make sure everything is working correctly and there are no issues. The dealer is supposed to check everything, but you need to double check.

I did climb the ladder and check the roof. No an inch by inch inspection, but making sure everything is intact.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfkmk View Post
We spent about 1 1/2 hours going over everything. You want to make sure everything is working correctly and there are no issues. The dealer is supposed to check everything, but you need to double check.

I did climb the ladder and check the roof. No an inch by inch inspection, but making sure everything is intact.

Great...thanks!
Old 02-15-2021, 07:30 PM   #8

Ditto...^^^ Read up on everything to check Before you go to pick up your unit. Write down a lot of questions. This way you will/should know what everything does and not does... This way you can ask relevant questions and know if you are getting good answers or BS. Ask and be shown how and what tools you will need to change any flat tires. There are many things to go over, have as much knowledge about them before you pick up your unit.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:05 PM   #9

When we bought ours the only slightly disappointing thing was it took a little longer to get delivered than anticipated. Not the dealers fault at all, I’m just mentioning it in the event yours doesn’t come in exactly when expected. Have patience, April is still a tad early to use it anyway!

I just checked out their website and see the sales person we had in 2017 is still there. The place seems to have low turnover in their staff, which is a good thing.

Let us know how it goes, camping season will be here before you know it!
Old 02-15-2021, 08:12 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:

You could have downloaded a PDI/walk-through checklist from our Forum Library.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 12:58 PM   #11

Quote:
I just put a deposit on a 15TB at Stolzfus RV in Adamstown. I'm getting pretty excited to be able to actually see it when it arrives in April (I hope). Been researching the heck out of it and trying to learn as much as I can about it. The size will be right, I think, for my 2015 Ford Flex. I'll be travelling solo. I've been wondering about a few things and would like to get some questions answered. So I signed up for the forum. Thanks!
Did you receive your E-Pro yet? Picked up mine on April 30 and pulling with a 2013 Ford Flex with a factory tow package. Did a 3000 mile trip and the Flex pulled it real well but the gas mileage went down to around 10MPG. Wondering if you have towed yet and what your mileage was?
N2wata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 03:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2wata View Post
Did you receive your E-Pro yet? Picked up mine on April 30 and pulling with a 2013 Ford Flex with a factory tow package. Did a 3000 mile trip and the Flex pulled it real well but the gas mileage went down to around 10MPG. Wondering if you have towed yet and what your mileage was?

Well...still haven't got the trailer yet. But I ended up trading the Flex in for a 2021 Ford Ranger. So I really can't help out there. How do you like the trailer overall so far? I'm supposedly going to be able to get mine in about 3 weeks.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:28 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
10 mpg is normal pulling a TT. It will range between 9-11 mph. This is typical for all gassers.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Well...still haven't got the trailer yet. But I ended up trading the Flex in for a 2021 Ford Ranger. So I really can't help out there. How do you like the trailer overall so far? I'm supposedly going to be able to get mine in about 3 weeks.
I like the trailer but did have to make some mods like moving the microwave above the stove instead of below it. Having the MW just a few inches off of the floor is a terrible idea! Moving it above was not too hard but did require making some metal support brackets with my welder. So much nicer at eye level and still plenty of room to work on the stove. 90% of my cooking will be in heating in the MW with only an occasional egg or hash browns frying on the stove. You also have the outside grill for things like burgers, hot dogs and bacon. I than trimmed out where the MW was for storage.
I also replaced the dump hose carrier with a longer one that would fit a 20' hose. It would only fit a 15' from the factory.
I insulated below the seats which had none?!? The drivers side had a lot of equipment that would need access at some point so had to make the insulation easy to remove and replace.
I cut the table down and mounted brackets to make a permanent single bed in the rear. I met another guy on my trip that did the same but made a permanent queen size in the rear for him and his wife and still had room for the to sit on each side to eat if they want.
Rotated the tongue jack so I could open my back hatch on the Ford Flex.
Installed an Andersen No Sway Weight Distribution Hitch.
Still trying to figure out what to do on the fridge door?!? You cannot put anything in the door area as the goofy swing brackets do no hold anything when going down the road. Really ignorant move putting that kind of a fridge door in an RV.
So to make my response even longer, I have decided to keep the trailer! May I ask what you paid? I paid $19,760 before taxes and title here in Washington state.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #15

Quote:

I might suggest that you video a lot of what you are going to be told at the PDI. I forgot 80% by the time I got home!
Old 06-03-2021, 05:24 PM   #16

Quote:
I like the trailer but did have to make some mods like moving the microwave above the stove instead of below it. Having the MW just a few inches off of the floor is a terrible idea! Moving it above was not too hard but did require making some metal support brackets with my welder. So much nicer at eye level and still plenty of room to work on the stove. 90% of my cooking will be in heating in the MW with only an occasional egg or hash browns frying on the stove. You also have the outside grill for things like burgers, hot dogs and bacon. I than trimmed out where the MW was for storage.
I also replaced the dump hose carrier with a longer one that would fit a 20' hose. It would only fit a 15' from the factory.
I insulated below the seats which had none?!? The drivers side had a lot of equipment that would need access at some point so had to make the insulation easy to remove and replace.
I cut the table down and mounted brackets to make a permanent single bed in the rear. I met another guy on my trip that did the same but made a permanent queen size in the rear for him and his wife and still had room for the to sit on each side to eat if they want.
Rotated the tongue jack so I could open my back hatch on the Ford Flex.
Installed an Andersen No Sway Weight Distribution Hitch.
Still trying to figure out what to do on the fridge door?!? You cannot put anything in the door area as the goofy swing brackets do no hold anything when going down the road. Really ignorant move putting that kind of a fridge door in an RV.
So to make my response even longer, I have decided to keep the trailer! May I ask what you paid? I paid $19,760 before taxes and title here in Washington state.

The sticker price was $17,900 in early Feb 2021. And I had to buy it sight unseen. The dealer has had a couple of them on the lot since then which came in for other customers and at least gave me a chance to see what they looked like in person. I did see some opportunity for improvements especially with the bed/ironing board table layout. I haven't liked the MW placement from the beginning but may be able to deal with that, we'll see. What I'm not clear on is what you are saying about the refrigerator door? Could you elaborate or clarify?
Old 06-03-2021, 05:26 PM   #17

Quote:
... the gas mileage went down to around 10MPG. Wondering if you have towed yet and what your mileage was?
That's normal. You're dragging a parachute.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:00 PM   #18

Quote:
The sticker price was $17,900 in early Feb 2021. And I had to buy it sight unseen. The dealer has had a couple of them on the lot since then which came in for other customers and at least gave me a chance to see what they looked like in person. I did see some opportunity for improvements especially with the bed/ironing board table layout. I haven't liked the MW placement from the beginning but may be able to deal with that, we'll see. What I'm not clear on is what you are saying about the refrigerator door? Could you elaborate or clarify?
In the pictures you can see how items can just slide out under the swinging rail. I went to Camping World and looked at the fridges and the all had a solid front on the shelf so nothing could slide out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3562.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	256109   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3561.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	256110  
Old 06-03-2021, 06:05 PM   #19

Great Price! I searched the whole country but obviously missed this great price. Would have been expensive to go from the northwest to PA though.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:05 PM   #20

Aaaah ok..I see what you're saying. I thought you meant the entire door would open. There is probably an easy fix for that but we shouldn't have to deal with it.

Tags
trailer