Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #1

Smile Excited about New Travel Trailer

Just two days ago we placed an order for a new Rockwood 2604SS Ultra Lite Travel Trailer. We recently sold our old faithful 1994 Sunline T-2370 travel trailer. With seven Grandkids and our furry family all competing to go camping with Nana and Papa we just need more room. We hope the Super Slideout will help lots in that area. We went round and round on the cabinet and upholstery colors. My wife Nancy finally decided, after many web searches for the trailer with the different interiors, that the Cherry cabinets and the Saddle upholstery will be as she puts it, be "very rich looking". I like the entertainment package, that should help keep the Grandkids happy on the rainy days when they can't get outside, besides I'm addicted to the Nascar races and any outdoor fising shows I can watch. Nancy likes the Garden Shower, the old tiny tub we had in the old trailer was just not big enough, especially for my "big exterior" (she's a great cook/Chef). As we live in Florida and camp a lot in the Keys, we ordered the 15,000 BTU A/C along with the tinted windows and shades to hopefully keep us comfortable in the heat here. We have a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ with a 5.3L V8 and the new fuel management and flex fuel systems. The truck is equipped with the towing package and has a 7900# towing capacity. I'm hoping that this will do just fine towing this new trailer. Now the wait begins, we ordered thru RV Wholesalers and we are waiting for their confirmation of placing our order with the factory. Then we wait for the trailer to be built and then serviced by RV Wholesalers and then ultimately delivered to us in Port Orange, Florida. We would love to drive to Ohio ourselves for delivery and then back home with the trailer to save some money but we can't take off the four days in order to do so. Does anyone here in the forum have any suggestions, hints and cautions about this model for us? Any help would sure be appreciated! I'm impressed with this forum, and look forward to sharing with all to increase our enjoyment of our new travel trailer.
Gunnarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
Not Quite Retired

That sounds like a nice rig! The Keys are a great place to camp. We have fond memories of spending Christmas at Key Largo in our pop-up many years ago when our son was four years old. Grandparents were there all season, so we loaded he and his cousin up, strapped an eight foot boat to the roof, and took off from Alabama. Looked like the Clampets going to California! Our son is now 25 & worked at Sea Camp on Big Pine Key this past winter. We enjoyed a short visit there this spring, but didn't pull the camper.

Keep the shinny side up!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #3

We also just ordered the 2604SS last week from RV direct. Can't wait till we can pick it up. I also love the floorplan. Nice big bathroom and hard doors instead of curtains. We chose the Expresso interior with oak. Hope you have alot of fun in yours as we will in ours.
tchart is offline   Reply With Quote