Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #1

Excited to be here!

We just got our first TT. We got the Salem Cruise Lite 281 with the bunks and outdoor furnace. We have two girls that are 8 and 11 and they cannot wait until our first trip in May. We live just south of Pittsburgh and are planning on keeping our TT at Jellystone Mill Run! Great place. We purchased our trailer from Brooks Camper sales and could not have asked for better attention and service. They were wonderful! The only issue that am having is finding the cable hookup on the outside of the trailer. I have a feeling that it did not come with one and now what do I have to do to get it hooked up with the least amount of issues. If anyone has any advice I would certainly appreciate it.
amy_carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

to the forum !!!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
Pirate Todd and Wench

I'd say give good ol Brooks a call and ask them about it. I've never seen a RV without cable made in the last 15 years! lol Its just as important as the water if you have kids huh? lol
Worst case if it has nothing, you can buy the cable connection for the exterior and put it in yourself pretty easy, or ask them to do it for you.
Good luck
-Equilzer 1200lb hitch
mrtodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_carter View Post
The only issue that am having is finding the cable hookup on the outside of the trailer. I have a feeling that it did not come with one and now what do I have to do to get it hooked up with the least amount of issues. If anyone has any advice I would certainly appreciate it.
Your outside cable hook-up should look something like this:

Name:   Cable Connection.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  7.2 KB

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #5

I also had not seen a camper without a cable hookup in a long time and would think it is standard equipment, but on the Salem line it appears to be an option. From the Forest river web site:

Salem Options

Four (4) Stabilizer Jacks (Travel Trailers)
Two (2) Stabilizer Jacks (Fifth Wheels)
Cable TV/Satellite Hook-up
Optional Fiberglass Front Cap (Fifth Wheels)
Skylight over Tub
30 lb. LP Bottles with Cover and Auto Change Over (Travel Trailers)
Neo-Angle Glass Shower w/ Tub Surround (27RLSS, 27RKSS, 30FKBS, 36BHBS, 37BHSS2Q)
15,000 BTU Ducted Air w/Quick Cool

BTW, we also love that Jellystone Campground at Mill Run and will be there again this year at some point.
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #6

I do have that, but on the front of our camper where you can connect the outside tv. I was under the impression that it was for the antenna. Do you think that this could be the only one.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
Site Team

the Salem line is an entry-level line and therefore, they make things like the tv/cable hookups an option. it's very common in the RV industry.
i seem to remember a recent post on a Wildwood trailer that had the same issue. it wasn't ordered from the factory with it.

look on your invoice and it should list that as being on your trailer. if it's not listed, then you probably don't have it.
also, if you have a crank-up tv antenna on the roof, then you have the tv/cable option.

our hookups are not like the pic shown, they're under a rectangular plastic hinged flap.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
Pirate Todd and Wench

I think your going to have to find out where that one on the front goes to...could be the feed maybe? I've never seen a TV hookup or feed on the front either! lol That's usually under the canopy someplace. Make sure nothing is tucked in inside someplace though. do you have a roof mounted antenna? A feed "if you have one" is usually around the other connections like water etc. The good news is that your dealer should know or be able to find out from FR. Definitely get in touch with Brooks on this.
-Equilzer 1200lb hitch
mrtodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #9

I do have the crank up antenna with the booster. I will give brooks a call. Thanks. I did ask when I was there on Friday and they said they would check into it for me.