Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2018, 12:06 AM   #1

First Time Owners Rockwood Mini Lite 2506s

We just bought a Rockwood Mini Lite 2506s. So far so good. The quality looks very good. We are so impressed by the layout and cannot wait to take it out next weekend for our first trip.

The only mishaps thus far had to do with the hitch refusing to let go of the ball and a smoke alarm falling loosely on the way home. Both easy fixes with a bit of grease, a screwdriver and a bit of patience.
Jcardiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:48 AM   #2

Welcome from SW Ohio ,enjoy your Mini Lite TT !
Old 05-06-2018, 10:27 AM   #3

Congratulations on the new trailer and welcome from NE Louisiana.
NE Louisiana
2017-32 days camping in a Starcraft popup
2018 4 days camped (popup), 4 days (new tt) 11 days reserved.
Jimmie824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:49 PM   #4

Any updates. This is our next purchase we have decided. This model has the layout and features we want. Just want to get real world reviews
spidey1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:07 PM   #5

hidee ho

Hello and welcome from northern Arizona! Happy Camping!

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP220 Sport 25'
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi quad cab
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:44 PM   #6

My first forum! Hoping to learn a lot.
Judemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:34 PM   #7

Welcome from Kentucky and this is a great place to learn..
Old 06-15-2018, 02:01 AM   #8

UPDATE: We have taken our trailer out for a few camping trips this summer. We have gone to the Yosemite area, Santa Cruz and along the Delta near Stockton, Ca. Thus far, we have no complaints. This trailer is perfect for us. The front living/kitchen area is perfect. Ther have been no issues with ANYTHING - so far. The only hiccups have been self inflicted. The outdoor kitchen is awesome! We don't even cook inside. We have used the oven and it works perfectly. The counter space is amazing. The stock outdoor speakers and the stairs are our first upgrades. The speakers and the stairs that come with the RV are not exactly the best quality. Everything else, especially the layout is ORGASMIC!!!
Old 06-15-2018, 09:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcardiel View Post
UPDATE: We have taken our trailer out for a few camping trips this summer. We have gone to the Yosemite area, Santa Cruz and along the Delta near Stockton, Ca. Thus far, we have no complaints. This trailer is perfect for us. The front living/kitchen area is perfect. Ther have been no issues with ANYTHING - so far. The only hiccups have been self inflicted. The outdoor kitchen is awesome! We don't even cook inside. We have used the oven and it works perfectly. The counter space is amazing. The stock outdoor speakers and the stairs are our first upgrades. The speakers and the stairs that come with the RV are not exactly the best quality. Everything else, especially the layout is ORGASMIC!!!
Thanks for the info, the more I read, the more I know this is the layout for us. Will probably travel to more places to since it is smaller and more light weight than what we have now.

Let us know if you upgrade the speakers and stairs. With bluetooth speakers now, etc dont know if you would need to upgrade. We have outside speakers now and they seem to sound fine, but its camping, so dont really pay attention
Old 06-15-2018, 09:26 AM   #10

Quote:
You're in my old stomping grounds. If you get a chance, go a bit further north to McKericker state park in Ft. Bragg. Great campground. Big Basin is another neat place to visit as well.
ImTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:05 AM   #11

Congrats - I love my Mini Lite. Slightly different floor plan.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:58 PM   #12

McKerriker?

Hey, thanks for the information. I've never heard of that State Park before. We are dying to head further up north later in the year. There are a few state parks nearer to our home that we want to enjoy during the fall. It doesn't really get too cold here in California so we can enjoy nice parks all year, just about.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:02 PM   #13

Well Spidey, I just don't like the sound quality that comes from the speakers. That is the only reason that I would want to upgrade them. They are perfectly fine for camping. Its not like I'm going to host a Doobie Brothers Concert album dance-off or anything like that. The stairs, however, we are definitely looking into upgrading those in the fall. Another thing we want to add are a couple more stabilizing jacks. I'm not sure if we need them or if I'm just not setting the four stock jacks properly. My wife thinks the coach rocks too much when we move around in it. It doesn't bother me but two more jacks are relatively inexpensive. What do you think? Do you have any experience with that kind of thing?
Old 08-29-2018, 10:18 AM   #14

Quote:
Well Spidey, I just don't like the sound quality that comes from the speakers. That is the only reason that I would want to upgrade them. They are perfectly fine for camping. Its not like I'm going to host a Doobie Brothers Concert album dance-off or anything like that. The stairs, however, we are definitely looking into upgrading those in the fall. Another thing we want to add are a couple more stabilizing jacks. I'm not sure if we need them or if I'm just not setting the four stock jacks properly. My wife thinks the coach rocks too much when we move around in it. It doesn't bother me but two more jacks are relatively inexpensive. What do you think? Do you have any experience with that kind of thing?
Sorry Ive never added extra jacks, just used the four that come with it. It also depends if you re-tighten them as well. I check mine every few days, because with trailer movement, maybe softer ground, or whatever, I notice I have to adjust mine once in while as they dont sit tight on the blocks I use. Sometimes its one jack, sometimes two. Sometimes none as well.

As for a stair upgrade it would be nice if they used the nice aluminum ones instead of the black ones that usually come with them.

Im surprised they didnt if they wanted to make it lighter.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:29 AM   #15

instead of adding extra jacks, you should add BAL steadyfast or JT strong Arms. This will reduce your movement.

when we had our MicroLite, it made it rock solid
Old 08-30-2018, 02:47 PM   #16

So looking for fall prices, and see the 2019s out.

So dry weight is alot heavier now it seems, the 2017/2018 they were under 5000 lbs, depending on options

Also noticed that the outside kitchen now has a grill, and no outside sink & stove. And as well upgraded the steps

Is this for all 2019, the outside kitchen is why we wanted it, the grill is useless IMO because a sink & stove would be way more useful. We have an outside kitchen now with a sink and stove, and use it constantly.

If so might have to stick to 2018 then
Old 05-29-2019, 02:29 PM   #17

First time Rockwood 2506s

So far I love my tt, the layout is great, I only have two things I wish were different. 1 Tall storage area for mop and broom ( but found a folding mop).
2 The outside kitchen has a grill instead of a 2 burner stove top, which seems strange since it comes with a gas grill....

I will be camping next week with my Sister's on the Fly group in Yosemite, cannot wait. I will post any problems and or issues I find.
mindyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:01 PM   #18

Newbies with brand new 2020 Rockwood 2506S in CA Sierra's

Hi,

We are brand new to TT's but were large Boaters for many years. I will be doing a ton of reading on this Forum to get up to speed.

T & L
timm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:27 PM   #19
bloodybill

hello and welcome
BLOODYBILL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time, lite, rockwood, rockwood mini lite