Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2018, 09:07 PM   #1

Forest River Forum Newbie

Hello! The wife and I purchased our new to us Class A in November of 2017 and we absolutely love it. The PO took great care of it and we hope to do the same. He kept it on his property and under an aluminum RV shelter. Unfortunately, I do not have that same luxury and I have to keep it in a storage lot out in the open. I was thinking about getting a cover for it but I don't think my wife and I will be able to put a cover on it easily as much as we use it. We have washed it a few times and used some spray wax on it so it still looks great.

The only three major purchases I have made so far was the 5 Star tuner. Well worth the money in my opinion. A Roadmaster base plate/Ready Brute tow bar for my 2014 KIA Forte. TPMS system (not having to check the tire pressures everyday gives me peace of mind).

I have read on this Forum and IRV2 that the Roadmaster or Safe-T-Plus stabilizer systems dramatically improve handling. I have to say that my coach handles pretty well except on bumpy roads. I have a road trip coming up in June from Dallas Texas to Panama City Florida so just for the sake of safety (blowout) I ordered one today.

Next major purchase will be some KONI shocks to replace the probably worn out 2008 shocks. The coach only has 30000 miles on it right now but I think the shocks are at their lifespan.

Well that is me and my story so far. Looking forward to sharing/helping/learning on this forum.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:21 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Congrats and welcome.

You’ve already spent more money than I have on trying to make these Class A things handle like a real vehicle. They never will be, and I’m not in a hurry anyway.

Enjoy the experience and get out there!

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:26 AM   #3

We have the Roadmaster steering stabilizer w/ Bilstien shocks all around.

Tags
forest river, newbie