Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2021, 07:27 PM   #1

Forest River Legacy - First Timers with a "Coach"

Hi There,
My wife Kathy and I just pulled the rip-cord on a 2015 Forest River Legacy 36' KP. We're new to the Class A world, having used our 11.5 Eagle Cap truck camper since 2002.
I must say, we are a bit nervous, as the reputation of the FR is hit and miss. Time will tell, as we pick it up tomorrow after the Pre Delivery Inspection.
I have read many many post on this forum, and I think I will be active making sure I stay ahead of any issues, and make our RV experience and good as possible.
Cheers to all!
Troy and Kathy B
Click image for larger version

Name:	Legacy.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	247476
troybuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:43 PM   #2

Just make certain that you do a good PDI pre-delivery inspection and make certain that everything works before you sign the final papers. There will be no Forest River warranty for the used rig and whether aftermarket warranties are worth it is a matter for debate.

That's a good looking rig. Does it have many miles on it?

Edit.... those tires are probably going to need to be replaced if they are original since they'll be at least 6 years old.

Welcome!
Old 02-08-2021, 07:52 PM   #3

Reverse,
Fortunately the tires are all brand new!!! We bought from an RV sales lot, but were able to speak with the prior owner just after the purchase.
The rig has 24K miles, and the biggest issues with the prior owner were the 'Lousy Upholstery' and the broken overhead bunk.
Before our purchase the upholstery was recovered (decent quality) and the bunk repaired (re-set).
The owner told us she had a front tire blow out while driving, so she replaced all the tires 500 miles prior.
I have plenty of worries... and I'm hoping this forum will help keep my mind at piece. Or insight sleepless nights
T
troybuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 08:09 PM   #4

Bad upholstery is a common problem. It's subject to a lot of abnormal wear so it's good they got it recovered. Bunks are not made to hold a lot of weight or it could have been a manufacturing defect.
The good news is... they've probably ironed out all the problems. The mileage is reasonable for the year of the vehicle.
With rvs, just like cars, you can't predict what might go wrong. So just put on a positive attitude and have some fun.

Tags
first time, forest river