Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #1

Smile Forest River Wildwood

Just purchased a 2011 Forest River Wildwood 30KQBSS, and couldn't be more excited!

We live out on the East Coast, and had attended just about every RV and Camping Expo in the area trying to narrow down what we wanted in our next travel trailer. (At the time, we had a 16-foot '91 Sunline.) We knew we wanted something bigger to accommodate not only our family - the two of us, a baby, and our two dogs - but others we might invite to go with us. ....No easy task, mind you. We loved the Keystone Bullet Premier; it had the bunkhouse and extra space we needed, but for the price (and the weight) we thought we could do better. Lo and behold, we came across the new 30-ft. North Trail at the Atlantic City Expo and thought we'd found "The One." At only 5,999 lbs, she seemed perfect and easily towable for our Ford Explorer V8 with heavy duty tow package. We signed the paperwork right at the show.

However, it wasn't until I came across the Wildwood on our dealer's website that we had a change of heart. Eight-hundred pounds heavier, the Wildwood was ten times more spacious, had a deeper slide, and was a whopping $3,000 less! We called the dealer, arranged to purchase this model instead (despite not having seen it in person!), and picked it up that next weekend. ....And let me tell you, we couldn't be happier with the decision!

Looking forward to taking 'er out this weekend! Any other Wildwood owners out there?!

MrsLuWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #2

Congrats on the new trailer. When i was looking at the end of the last year that trailer was one of the 3 finalists. We ended up with the Wildwood Heritage Glenn 312qbud that also has an outdoor kitchen. Wife was against the kitchen at first but we both love and thats a great beer fridge.

Hope you enjoy it!

2011 Heritage Glenn 312QBUD
Old 03-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #3

Enjoy the new trailer! It's funny how you think you want one for sure and then your mind changes for one reason or another. We all have different needs and finding the perfect trailer can be a challenge.

Funny re the beer fridge comment...we were thinking of taking the fridge out of our SV305's outdoor kitchen since we like the kitchen outside but thought two fridges might be overkill and we'll love more outside storage but...the beer fridge might win with us too

Interior of our 2011 SV 305 We LOVE it!
www.operationexplorations.blogspot.com
operationexplorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #4

Haha, the beer 'fridge won us over, too. And thank goodness for it, because Lord knows we won't have room to refrigerate anything else once we've got the beer!

Leencharlotte, loved the 31QBUD - especially that back bunk room! - but it was a bit too heavy for our Explorer to handle. One day....

And operationexplorations, right on! Finding the perfect trailer is certainly a challenge, but one I certainly didn't mind. My husband and I must have seen 200+ trailers over the past two weeks, and we loved every second of it! What does it say about me that I can't wait to do it again, lol?!

MrsLuWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #5

Beer is the only thing that has made it in mine . I may allow some condiments in storage for use with the grill.

(Sorry for the hijack)

Old 03-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #6

Congrats, welcome to the forum
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLuWho
Haha, the beer 'fridge won us over, too. And thank goodness for it, because Lord knows we won't have room to refrigerate anything else once we've got the beer!

Leencharlotte, loved the 31QBUD - especially that back bunk room! - but it was a bit too heavy for our Explorer to handle. One day....

And operationexplorations, right on! Finding the perfect trailer is certainly a challenge, but one I certainly didn't mind. My husband and I must have seen 200+ trailers over the past two weeks, and we loved every second of it! What does it say about me that I can't wait to do it again, lol?!
What was the qbud weight you looked at? They did a mid year redesign and dropped 1500 lbs. Final assembly weight was 7189 with kitchen andjiffy sofa in rear. First time i saw it it was 8600 and i said the same thing, luckily when i mentioned that to my dealer, she said you are not gointo believe this, but they redisigned it and it will be here in a few weeks... needless to say she sold it fast