Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Moreau Send a message via Skype™ to Dr. Moreau
Full Time Family - Georgetown 350DS

My wife and I laughed at RVer's when we were younger... we thought how ridiculous RV drivers looked in their gigantic Class A RVs, filling up their hundred gallon gas tanks and emptying their holding tanks via sewer hose.... then we had kids and the idea of camping in a tent with toddlers lost its appeal.

We joked around, thought we might buy a travel trailer and explore California, where we were living at the time. Then I got a wild hair, talked to my management at work and well... got approved to work remotely for a year!

We bought a used 2007 Georgetown 350DS (with 11K miles) in March and over the next four months we put everything we owned either into the RV, into storage, or sold it at a garage sale. We sold the family car and now, two months into it we are touring the US in our RV. We also did upgrades and maintenance on the RV, including new batteries, tires, adding solar, and a tire pressure monitor.

We have ventured through five states so far and plan to spend September in Montana before heading south and out to Florida by February. My two girls (ages 2 & 4) have their own bunk bends and we have added Solar for some boondocking adventures. I hope to hit 20-ish states by the end of our journey in August 2014.

I have been reading as much as I can from everyone on this forum. I have found some really good insight into the RV lifestyle and find myself very happy to be part of it. I am sorry that I laughed at you in the past, but can we be friends now?

We have a blog where we are documenting our adventure. You can view it at www.moreau.us.

Dr. Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
2011 Forest River Stealth

Welcome from the central coast of California
rwtdct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
Average Joe

Awesome. I'm just thinking about all the memories you're making for your kids. Very cool!

BTW, Welcome to the forum!

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown