Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #1

Future apex owner

Hello, sold our 2010 crossroads zinger zt26bh, put a deposit on an 2015 apex 288bhs with all the options! Just loved the layout and how nice they look nowadays! Hope i made a good decision as we never actually saw one in person, but i did the same thing with the zinger and loved it!
Look forward to talking to you all.
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #2

you will be very pleased with the new trailer, im biased though cause we have a 2014 288 BHS 50th anniversary. The family loves the space and i love that nothing has gone wrong with it
burch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you will be happy with the new trailer especially after what burch42 said. When do you expect to take delivery?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:03 AM   #4

Thanks! My wife called yesterday and they said still a couple of weeks on the assembly line. Then i have to drive 4hrs to pick it up, so hopfully in a month!
08 dodgeram current TV
Old 09-19-2014, 01:48 PM   #5

Cableman, what colour is the outside on your trailer? I only ask as the 50th anniversary models were standard in grey, it hides the dirt very nicely.

The only downside to this trailer is the outside storage, the door openings are a little smaller then our previous trailer, which made us have to travel with more items in the back of the truck. I did not mind this as it things like the BBQ and outside stuff. But if you are tight for space now in the truck bed you may want to think about re organizing what goes where.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #6

It will be the gray model which i thought was brown online and my wife said i was colorblind lol. Guess she was right! Prolly wont say 50th cause that was 2014 and according to coachmen they used up what was left of those decals on some 15's and the rest will look similar. We are really good at not over cluttering, i think i will miss the big bike storage door my zinger had but ill just throw the cooler in the bathroom for travel, and make what ever else fit in the other compartments i hope!
08 dodgeram current TV
Old 09-20-2014, 05:44 PM   #7

i find that the rubbermaid totes are good for the storage and keeping things organized. I can stack them inside the compartments. The opening isn't huge but the compartment is taller then the opening (if that makes sense). Having said that, in our minds the storage was such a minor thing when we were looking. My wife had some must haves that narrowed our brands that we could look at. The biggest must have with no wiggle room was the dinette being on our camp side, with two little ones we wanted to be able to see them playing if we were inside cleaning, or what ever we needed to do. Once you need the dinette on that side it really does knock a lot of brands from the running. I remember when we went to look at the 2014 on the lot, the brochure said bath tub, when we looked at the one on the lot it had a shower, my wife said nope this wont due, we need to start over and find another trailer. walked away from the deal, 2 days later the salesman called me and said that they would build us one with a Tub. Now I understand that they are coming with tubs again (I could be wrong). Again having two kids under 5, showers just wouldn't fly for them when being on the road.

As for things to look for when taking delivery, make sure your plumbing is tight under the sinks, ours was not and we had a slight leak when doing dishes and the sink was plugged. The cover for the area where the fuses are did not latch properly, you could walk by and it would open. Other then these very minor things we have been very happy with our trailer. You would be amazed on the people that comment on the LED's under the awning and the front cap ones as well.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:25 PM   #8

Will a milk crate fit through the storage doors? I have 2 with hoses an stuff. Is there any storage under the dinette seat where the fuse box is? I too love the table on the camp side, cant wait to get it! As far as the tub goes i forgot to ask, dam i better have a tub! The one on the lot had the tub so i hope so.
08 dodgeram current TV
Old 09-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #9

I'm not sure on the milk crate fitting, it might just fit. On the storage under the dinette on the fuse side seat, no there is not, you may be able to mod it in though as its closed off by screws, there is storage on the other seat though.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #10

Ok I'll just wait till I get it, the compartments look to be wider then what I had. So I guess the seat under the cushion doesn't lift up Either huh? We used the 2 pull out draws under our last campers dinette for the kids cloths. The LEDs must look cool! We are excited, not too long away!
08 dodgeram current TV