Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2014, 09:13 AM   #1
Future Fifth Wheel Owner

Future Sanibel Owners from Virginia

Hi there,
Would love to hear from other Sanibel 5th Wheel owners about your experiences/issues/solutions with the Sanibel 5th Wheels and recommended tow vehicles. Recommendations of dealers in Virginia would be great too. We had a very positive first visit to McGeorge's down near Richmond. We live in Northern Va and love college (VT!) football tailgate camping and sightseeing the National Parks. Looking forward to our next RV journey now that we're almost empty nesters - enjoyed campng with our kids for years but had to give up our travel trailer as they got older-our teenagers lost interest in camping...now we're looking forward to our next adventure as Sanibel owners! Looking forward to learning lots from this forum!
teresakb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
2011 Forest River Stealth

Welcome from the central coast of California
rwtdct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresakb View Post
Hi there,
Would love to hear from other Sanibel 5th Wheel owners about your experiences/issues/solutions with the Sanibel 5th Wheels and recommended tow vehicles. Recommendations of dealers in Virginia would be great too. We had a very positive first visit to McGeorge's down near Richmond. We live in Northern Va and love college (VT!) football tailgate camping and sightseeing the National Parks. Looking forward to our next RV journey now that we're almost empty nesters - enjoyed campng with our kids for years but had to give up our travel trailer as they got older-our teenagers lost interest in camping...now we're looking forward to our next adventure as Sanibel owners! Looking forward to learning lots from this forum!
Welcome as a potential Sanibel owner. We have had our Sanibel, model 3400, for almost 2 years. We have been very satisfied. Minor warranty work has included replacing a wire carrier under the kitchen slide. We did replace the california king mattress with a Sterns and Foster Luxury Lois Plush. Sorry guys the mattress is not quality, about the only thing on the unit that was not quality. I had to replace the 4 way manifold valve for water supply -warranty covered free of charge. It was leaking and it wouldn't stop, was creating a real mess because it was winter and freezing outside. We were on the road in NC and we got it delivered. I had my on PEX crimping tools and crimp rings and installed it myself. You must be careful with this it could create a real mess if you do it wrong. I had to get the slide adjusted in the kitchen. Some of the annoying little replacements are the halogen bulbs. Keep them free of oil from your hands, I wipe them with alcohol after I install them. Also, put a tad of grease on the base, otherwise after a few months a very fine build up will cause them to not work - I found that pulling the bulb out and cleaning the base then re-installing the bulb was all it needed. Pretty much a trouble free unit and we live in it 24/7. Travels great - tow vehicle is SRW 2006 Dodge Ram 4X4 Diesel w/Bank 6gun, 5000# airbags on each side. Curt Q20 fifth wheel is an easy hook and unhook. Our setup seems to blend very well. I may add a 10,000 0r 12,000 W generator soon but other than that we are very well set and want for nothing on the road or in camp. Have used the Tailgator satelite receiver for almost 3 years now. Verizon jetpack for internet for 2 years. All the comforts of home, at our home on the road. Stackable W/D, do a great job - paid a little more and got the Splendide. We upgraded the entry stair for the 4 step, easier to get up and down. Actually, we are just very pleased - love the way it pulls and the way it lives.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:56 AM   #4

We bought our Sanibel 3600 from McGeorges last August. WE LOVE IT !!! We have had a good experience ( Sanibel) and a bad experience there. The first visit they chased us away and we bought up the road at Safford. GO VT !!!!!
msmx44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:23 AM   #5

I bought a 2014 Sanibel 3600 in October 2013 from the Hershey show. I love the unit and while I have had a few minor warentee issues, there is nothing I can complain about. The 6 point level up system is amazing, I LOVE the standard dual AC with ducted return (you cannot believe how quiet the AC is compared to non ducted.) So far I have at least 5 weekend in the unit plus my 2 week vacation to FL.

McGeorges as far as I know is the only Primetime dealer in VA. 4 hours north you have Stoltzfus in West Chester, PA. That is where I got mine and the deal I got blew McGeorge out of the water. But it is a little more work to take it in for warentee work then heading down past Stafford.

If I am reading it right, Beckleys in Thurmont, MD (straight up RT15) is now also part of the Primetime dealer network. So you may have some better options from the N. VA area.

Best of luck on your purchase.
jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sanibel