Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #1

Greetings!

Wife and I just bought a 2002 36ft Georgetown with 9,068 miles on it and in excellent condition!(and I THINK we stole it) Just stumbled upon this site and it really looks fun and informative. Plan on starting a trip up the west coast in late spring. We are RV virgins, so any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated! As for driving, I've had a class A CDL for 20+ years. I hope that will help me.
ForestGumpsGoRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #2

Welcome. Start by listing your questions and then using the search function above list them one at a time and read to your hearts content. there is a wealth of information here and most questions you will discover have been asked a couple of times before. Enjoy the trip.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #3

Welcome. These forums are good. While I have not been a member of this one very long, as I am a new FR owner, I have learned a lot over the years from the others that I belong.
campdohbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
MI Camperz

Welcome to the forum. We find it informative and fun!
We are from Michigan and miss camping at the moment.
Looking forward to 4/1/2012 for opening of our seasonal site...rain or shine or snow...we will be there!
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:58 PM   #5

Hi everybody, and Happy New Year!
I found this site on the internet, because I had a question about my Forester class C 2008, which I purchased last year. As everyone knows the manuel that comes with the MH our worthless. I consider myself a newbie, because halve the time I don't know what Iam doing. I started 2009 my first MH was a Gulfstream
C Ultra, and traded last yr, because wanted more space with slide outs. Were on our longest trip leaving upstate ny Dec 3, taking our time went to Fla Keys, and now making our way West to Tucson, Az. Right now in Texas, and temperature dropping down to 29 degrees. Question about the Artic Package I understand that it helps keep plumbing pipes from freezing, wonder what the Artic Package runs off of ? Electric, my battery or lp gas?
Anyone have this answer would be helpfull to me.

thanks all !
David & Denise
Retired 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote