Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2014, 07:12 AM   #1

Greetings

I have just purchased a Flagstaff pop-up for Alice the musical therapy min-pin and me to work/travel with. Over the next year or so we'll be engaged in a musical Audience Advocacy Tour that will also double as a book writing tour. We have some questions for musicians...

My wife and I travel with our 4 dogs to the dog shows she competes in and judges using a larger travel trailer, but it's impractical for Alice the min-pin and me to haul that big rig around. I drive a 2014 Sienna van, so the pop-up seemed the perfect way to go.

Got a great deal on this 2002 Flagstaff from someone who did not even know it had brakes - they had NEVER been hooked up! I'm not sure of the model, but it has the shower/toilet setup, which is way cool! {This feature could, of course, double as a sort-of redneck bidet - Forrest River could probably charge more if they called it that. But I digress...)

I've had it about two weeks, done a ton of TLC work like trashing the long-ago wasted mattresses, laying vinyl in the bed bays, and setting up the bedroom with a 5-inch memory foam mattress. The camo afghan was a wedding gift handmade for us.

I turned the other bay into a living room with a low-rise beach chair for me and Alice's little pup chair for her, a coffee table and lamp, some small rugs and a couple of pillows for dog beds. It's also a great room for foam roller stretching.

I bought a white two-drawer closet organizer from Lowe's that I set on the counter next to the sink. I pulled the legs off of the dinette table and added velcro to secure it to the top of the two-drawer unit, more than tripling my kitchen-height counter space. The table top still fits into its slot for travel, and the two-drawer travels on the floor n the back. I bought a small table from WalMart that I will use for eating, since it's just me.

Best of Now, always,

Greg and Alice

PS - Can't wait for our tag to arrive. PUPUP!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8-2014 Living Room.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	60618   Click image for larger version

Name:	8-2014 bedroom.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	60619  
GregAllen is offline   Reply With Quote