Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Boiler Up!

Greetings from Indiana

This is our new Wildwood 17EXL. We just picked it up Friday evening from General RV of Wayland MI. Very satisfied with them by the way. I would gladly convey our experience with them if anyone wishes. My wife and 2 girls (5yrs & 2yrs) have never been camping. I grew up camping but have not done it in 10+ years. We are all very excited to try it out next weekend. A couple quick questions someone may lend me advise on. BUGS -MOSQUITOES. Other than sprays I see there are electric repellents machines with chemical pads that keep a small area bug free. Do any of these work? A good camp grill. I need a portable grill that can also handle dutch ovens. There is the ole tri pod standby but I am curious if there are other suggestions. The amazing grill is one I have seen. Thanks in advance
baboiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums.

You might check with the AMCA (american Mosquito Control Assoc.) website as they have lots of good information there. Who knew there was such a thing?

Have fun with the new rig. Hold off the praise for your dealer until after you have dealt with the service department as most people are treated really well during the sale, it's afterwards they get a bad taste for their dealer.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #3

Welcome and enjoy your first trip.
That is a nice setup with trailer and car. Perfect for 2 adults and 2 kids.
I'm sure everyone will have a great time and will be looking forward to more campouts. Make sure you get the kids involved setting up the trailer at the cg. They will appreciate it.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum. We camp in Clermont IN (west of Indy) every Labour Day weekend for the US Nationals drag racing. Our regular neighbours are some guys from IA & a retired couple from MI. This year they'll figure were upping the standards as we've joined them as TT owners.

https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
Site Team

welcome to the world of Hybrids!!

the 17EXL is becoming the most popular small hybrid on the market. lots of new 17EXL owners are showing up on the hybrid forums.

be sure to post hybrid-specific questions or ideas in the Expandable section here at FRF. there's even a Wildwood sub-section.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum visit us often.Where in Indiana are you from?
Old 07-19-2010, 07:25 AM   #7

Thermacells are the greatest at keeping bugs away w/o the sticky feeling on your body. Walmart is the cheapest place to get them. We have both the personal carrier & the lantern. I use the lantern by the door of our trailer and take the personal one w/me. The radius is about 15'.
BillConnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:40 AM   #8
Boiler Up!

Thanks for responses from all. I think the girls are looking forward to our camping this weekend. I've been answering questions from them about it this morning and our 5yr old is looking at a camping magazine now. The Thermacells look like a great item. From what I have read they work.Thanks BillConnie for verifying that. We are in the northern part of Indiana.30 miles west of FT Wayne.I can believe the 17EXL is popular now. The closest one I could find was 2 1/2 hrs away. We loved the floorpan for a 17ft light weight trailer we could pull with the Envoy. Here in the next couple dys I'll try to post a couple pics with it opened up.
baboiler is offline   Reply With Quote