Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2018, 09:12 AM   #1

Greetings from Saskatchewan!

Hello everyone! My name is Dave and I've just joined this forum as our family has just upgraded. This weekend we purchased a 2011 Cedar Creek Silverback 35K. We're not new to trailer camping, but it was past time to upgrade. We have three teenage boys and our 2005 Fleetwood Orbit travel trailer was getting a little crowded when we were stuck inside due to weather! And as the Orbit had no slides, we're pretty much shoulder-to-shoulder in there!

And the amount of space is really what sold us on this Silverback. If the boys want to hang out in the bunk room, they have room to play their guitars. If we want to hang out in the living area to watch the Blue Jays on TV, we can all spread out! The trailer is in beautiful condition and had all the features we were looking for, including the little desk to work at with our portable ham radio (wife and I and our oldest son licensed).

As winter is approaching, we're letting the dealer store the trailer until spring (a service they offer for free to new buyers as their 30 day appliance warranty kicks in when we take it home). Then we're putting it into a seasonal site at Saskatchewan Landing Provincial Park, our home away from home for several years now. Just have to arrange with our neighbor to haul it as it's a bit heavy for our 2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins.

I'm looking forward to hanging out with you all!

Dave in SK
camaro80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:23 AM   #2

Welcome from Alberta.
I hope you can squeeze a few more weeks out of the season to enjoy the new trailer, here it's been cold and snowy for the last 5 days.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypressloser View Post
Welcome from Alberta.
I hope you can squeeze a few more weeks out of the season to enjoy the new trailer, here it's been cold and snowy for the last 5 days.
Thanks. Yeah, it's been pretty cold here, too, but thankfully just rain. And that's a blessing considering how dry it's been (I'm a farmer so I do need the rain). BTW we run solar with our trailer, too. 470W, 4x6V batteries, 45 amp Morningstar Tristar MPPT charge controller, 1500W GoPower inverter.

Dave in SK
Old 09-17-2018, 10:18 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm, interesting situation you have there. Normally I'd recommend trying to get the trailer out at least once before the winter season, so you can have them fix any warranty work items over the winter and have it all good to go in the spring. But the fact that they'll delay the warranty start until you take possession in the spring alters that. Probably better to wait on taking possession so you have the longevity to your warranties. The downside is that if you do need any warranty work done, it'll have to be done during your camping season.

Oh, and Welcome to the Forums, from a fellow Canadian.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:58 AM   #5

The great thing about this dealer is that they have a mobile service unit that travels to the parks around SK throughout the summer. Hopefully don't need it but at least we don't have to get the trailer back to the dealer if we need service. We'll definitely be trying out everything in our farm yard before we get it to the park, too. We'll probably have a couple of weeks to try things out before we can get into the park anyway.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:23 AM   #6

Welcome from SW Ohio ,enjoy your CC Silverback 35K TT !
Old 09-17-2018, 11:33 AM   #7

Welcome and congrats on your 2011 Silverback 35K.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro80 View Post
Thanks. Yeah, it's been pretty cold here, too, but thankfully just rain. And that's a blessing considering how dry it's been (I'm a farmer so I do need the rain). BTW we run solar with our trailer, too. 470W, 4x6V batteries, 45 amp Morningstar Tristar MPPT charge controller, 1500W GoPower inverter.

Dave in SK
Interesting, we farmed east of Indian Head between the Trans Canada and the Qu'Appelle Valley until I had to retire because of health reasons (back and knee problems and heart attack, the pump got fixed the rest not so much), sold it called Ritchie Brothers and pulled out with the 5th wheel in tow at 5 o'clock on that same day. Moved to AB since all the kids are here and in the Peace country in Northern BC. If hindsight was 20/20 .....
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote