RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 12-16-2020, 05:33 PM   #1

Half Excited / Half Scared To Death

My wife and I just sold our home and purchased a 2017 FR Cardinal 3250. We are based in Waxahachie, TX and plan to travel some when I retire in June 2021.

How do I find an online owners manual for this unit? I have a lot of newbie questions like: how do I know if my water heater is on LP or electricity?

We went 2 days in 30 weather and couldn't figure out how to turn the furnace on. Turns out it had air in the lines.

We are really excited to have an RV "family" to be a part of.
jamesbeamjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:45 PM   #2

Welcome! And should I say hello "neighbor"? We are in Johnson City, TX. My grandparents lived in Waxahachie for many years.

You might have two switches on the control panel for the water heater, one for gas and one for electric. I am not familiar with yours, our last coach had AquaHot but before that the coach we had was configured this way, as is our current trailer. You can even turn them both on to get it hot fast, then switch to electric only if you are on shore power.

If you are on shore power, carry electric heater(s) so you don't have to run propane. Most folks use the radiator style in large trailers.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:24 PM   #3
Site Team

Hi and Welcome to FRF!

You can download the current owner manual from FR's website BUT it's generic with no model-specific nor brand-specific information. Just basic RV systems information.
You also can download the individual manuals for things like the furnace, thermostat, water heater and so on, from the manufacturers website. You just need make and model number of each thing.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:34 PM   #4

Welcome. I know in the past I have found someone with the same rig and they let me take pictures of their manual. A lot of them aren't even model specific anymore. You can usually find alot of the model specific manuals for appliances online. You will have break downs and things that go wrong, its part of the home on wheels program. There are a lot of people here who have already had the same problems and can help you get to fixes and solutions faster. Enjoy and let the scared be part of the fun.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:14 PM   #5

Welcome from SE Arizona! We have an SOB (Some other Brand) but stay here because there is great general advice from mostly good people.

This is the link for 2017 Fifth Wheel, probably as close as you will get.
https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...h-wheel/browse

There is also a Cardinal Sub Forum in these forums, so go check them out for anything that might be specific to your model.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:40 PM   #6

Aside from manuals, do you have any friend or neighbor that is a "seasoned" RV'er?.

If so see if one of them will join you for an hour or two and show you the finer points of operating/troubleshooting all the devices you have on your unit.

I have two neighbors that brought home new TT's in the last 3 months and have been able to give them some tips that I've learned over the years.

Most people I know would be more than happy to help, even if it meant a short drive.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 05:25 PM   #7

I want to thank all of you for your replies. It makes us a little less anxious just to know that there are good people willing to help. We do have a couple of friends that are seasoned RV years and they have been very helpful. I will definitely check out the sub group. Thank you.
Old 12-19-2020, 05:52 PM   #8

You can find the specific owner's manual for your appliances in the library section at the top of the page.
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 05:54 PM   #9
Multi-Slacker

Welcome from Southern California!
This forum is the closest thing to an online manual - and better!
2018 Silverado 2500 HD 6.0L, 4:10 rear
CurtPutnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 08:05 PM   #10

What have y’all done to boost your Wi-Fi? Our RV park has Wi-Fi, but the signal is not strong enough for me to connect to Chromecast. I’ve been looking at boosters/extenders that range anywhere from $100 to almost $500. What have y’all had luck with?
Old 12-19-2020, 09:25 PM   #11

Take a look at
https://outsideourbubble.com/
He has a good tutorial on setting up a wifi system with wireless booster for weak park signals
jk510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 09:33 PM   #12

We own a booster. Use it every other year or two. I understand $200. Works swell.

The issue is that most rv parks the WiFi is of minimal quality.

Usually you cannot download cable. Movies, Netflix. We have had issues with Spotify sometimes. My idea of a radio.

Our solution is the Spectrum phone and a cable to connect to hdmi. The Apple phone is also a hotspot.

We are shopping for a wireless phone booster. $6-700.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:05 PM   #13

Welcome to the RV world. I'm only a few miles away, on cedar creek lake. Lots of great info here on the forum.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 03:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk510 View Post
Take a look at
https://outsideourbubble.com/
He has a good tutorial on setting up a wifi system with wireless booster for weak park signals
That’s a great video resource. A little more technical than most, but doable.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #15
Just as confused as you

Some people will be glad to assist with your questions for a beer or a burger. The majority will charge you a premium -- your friendship.
Camping since 1989
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
I deserve hazard pay when camping with my relatives.
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:25 PM   #16

Here is the link to the Cardinal Owners Manual: https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...ardinal/browse It is not user friendly as the manual is not available to download in pdf format. I copied each web page and pasted into Microsoft Word, then saved as one big pdf document. It took a couple of hours, but I now have a complete manual. As someone else mentioned, you can download the pdf manual for the individual components, like refrigerator, air conditioner, inverter, etc. When you go to the link provided above, click on appliances, then click on an individual appliance. When that page opens, there is an icon in the upper right corner of the page that looks like a square with an arrow in it. That will open up the component manual in pdf format. You can then save by clicking the icon that looks like a folder with an arrow in it. You will have to repeat this for every component in your rig, but eventually you will have a full set of manuals.
nlw61 is offline   Reply With Quote