Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #1

Hello

My wife and I started tent camping with our son's scout troop. We had even taken the whole family out in the tent.

I had travel trailer camped when I was young with my parents and talk with my wife about my memories. My parents had a 24ft Nu-Wa bunk house that created many fond experiences.

My wife wanted to find out what it was like so we barrow her dad's 16ft "Deer Camp" trailer. We piled the three kids in and caught the bug. We stayed at a few Corp or Engineer campgrounds and pulled it 400 miles to the Missour State fair.

That was July '07 and the wife we have to get one of our own because dad needed to go hunting. Oct of that year I was driving by a used RV dealer one block from the house and seen what would be our first traivel trailer.

We bought the '06 Road Runner 30BHXL. WE LOVED IT!!! Took it out every spare night we had. We took it to Arkansas for spring break.

July of '08 we thought we would look around at an RV dealer and found our current unit. The deal was great so we upgraded to a '08 Salem LA 336QBDS. OH My, what a step up! Tent camping to a 36' fifth wheel in a year and a half.

I'll put more in other threads.

Hey to all fellow campers!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Congrats and to FRF. That's quite a jump! We took 20 years to get to the first pop-up. That lasted 2 years and then to a hybrid 23ft trailer for 5 years, then the big plunge. You'll have plenty new memories in the new RV. Enjoy it and be safe!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #3

Thanks, looking forward to the RV lifestyle.