Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #1
2008 232XR

Hello All!

Hello,
My name is Kris (as you may have already figured out) and I'm the new owner of a previously owned 2008 232xr tent trailer. I just picked it up on Saturday and have already started planning future trips.

The unit's it good shape except for an issue with the water pump. The output is weak and the pumps running all of the time. I've researched and found that it's either a loss of pressure/leak or an issue with the pump. I left the pump running for about 5 minutes and found no signs of a leak.

I paid extra for an inspection and the RV center technician seemed to miss this. When we were doing our walk-through, he mentioned that the constant pump was due to the unit being out of water. Unfortunately, it wasn't until the next day that I found the tank was full. Anyway, I called the RV center and, rather than me driving 70 miles back to their shop, they agreed to send me a new pump.

Because I'm going to be installing it through a tiny opening, the install looks like it's going to be a pain, but I'm sure I'll be able to get it done.
If anybody has any tips, I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with you all and browsing the forum for tips, advise, etc..

Kris
Kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #2
Proud Member

Welcome Kris.

I saw a very similar problem on my new Surveyor, but it was not the pump. I don't know if you are having the same problem, but it is definitely worth looking into before you replace the pump.

I removed the aerator from my facet to find that it was plugged with an orange fuzzy substance. My guess is it was some undissolved antifreeze or other debris left in the tank during manufacture. Once I replaced the aerator, the water flowed freely.
Reese SC WD System 800/10,000 lbs
1976 Cessna 177RG
Wife, son, twin daughters, and mother

red.jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #3

You may also have the winterizing valve in wrong postion will cause pump to run and little or no pressure
Old 06-03-2010, 06:24 AM   #4
2008 232XR

Thanks for the replies.
Regarding the aerator, there's plenty of pressure when hooked up to city water (our hose). And for the valve, I didn't see one in the schematic, nor have I seen anything within the trailer that resembles any sort of valve, other than the drain on the tank.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #5

Your dealer sent you a new pump, if it was free, install it no matter, at least you have a new pump, the old pump probably was run dry and that's why it won't build pressure or flow, either way, you're headed in the right direction. Good luck reaching in the small compartment to change the old one out.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #6
2008 232XR

Hello All,
Just an update - I received and installed the new pump and am happy to say that I now have good pressure and a properly cycling pump.

Thanks again for the replies.

Kris