Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2022, 07:41 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by colomap View Post
Welcome from the overcrowded state of Colorado!

Thanks for the welcome. Iíve got a family friend in Franktown.
USAF Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 07:44 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedwing2 View Post
We live near Branson and have camped at Cricket Creek - nice place. Hope you enjoy your camper and camping experience.
We camped there over Labor Day weekend and really liked it. We were able to get the full hook up site, I guess itís the most popular one. Weíre going back so we can do the golf cart trail at Top of the Rock and a few other things that we didnít get to do.
Old 02-08-2022, 07:49 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerman View Post
Welcome to the forum from Montana. I am a retired Navy Seabee. We have had 4 5ers and won't ever most likely go back to a tt or motorhome. We've done both. We're weekend campers and pull a second trailer behind our 5th wheel camper to haul our Polaris RZR on. Had a toy hauler 5er but the side by side wouldn't fit in it so since we were towing the RZR behind the hauler anyway figured we'd get a different one that had more living space. We went a little different direction as far as what we use to pull the camper with. I put a flat bed on our dually so no more tailgate to have to deal with. We still have to make sure the camper is up high enough but that's really a no brainer for us. I've been a truck driver most of my life so cranking up the landing gear and getting the 5th wheel plate high enough is just kind of a normal thing to do for me. Enjoy your new 5er. It's the only way to go for us.
Thank you for your service. I also drove OTR for a few yrs. Weíre also contemplating putting a flatbed on my truck but with the miles that are on it, not sure I want to spend that kind of money. We have a Can Am Defender but as of now, have no intentions on taking it with us at this time. This is our first 5íer and hopefully our last.
Old 02-08-2022, 10:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Retired View Post
Thanks for the welcome.

I was a bomber crew chief. Started out on the BUFFS, then to the B-2, then to the B-1 and back to the B-2. I still have the honor of working on the B-2 for NG.

Loved the B 52 AMMO troop first base Minot
moose074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 05:13 PM   #45
Now a "Top Member"

Welcome from another retiree. I was a Morse Code Intel guy for most of my career. I did two years in a telecommunications center. The rest was a Morse op, both on the ground and in the air (RC-135). I don't regret any of my time in the Air Force, but at 20 years, it was time to go.

Anyway, welcome, and hope to see you down the road.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 05:15 PM   #46
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome. My uncle lives behind Santa Clause in North Pole.
I was stationed at Eielson AFB for 3 years. Made a few trips to the Santa Clause house. It was a pretty cool place. But it was just too cold there for me. It's why I live in Houston now!
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 05:24 PM   #47

Welcome from Louisiana, Cajun country !!!
Old 02-09-2022, 09:31 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
I was stationed at Eielson AFB for 3 years. Made a few trips to the Santa Clause house. It was a pretty cool place. But it was just too cold there for me. It's why I live in Houston now!

Yep same here left Minot December of 96 for Eielson drove the ALCAN it was great. Used to joke that since the sign above the gate stated only the best come north I was too good for ND. Lived in Moose Creek checked out the apartment during the day. Base was running night sorties. Only took a week to get used to the F-16 coming and going the A -10 was way quieter
Old 02-18-2022, 10:19 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose074 View Post
Yep same here left Minot December of 96 for Eielson drove the ALCAN it was great. Used to joke that since the sign above the gate stated only the best come north I was too good for ND. Lived in Moose Creek checked out the apartment during the day. Base was running night sorties. Only took a week to get used to the F-16 coming and going the A -10 was way quieter
I left Minot Jul '94, just after the BUFF crashed at Fairchild. We lived on Indian Rock Circle, just down from the shoppette and across from the trailer park.
Old 02-18-2022, 10:20 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieG View Post
Welcome from Louisiana, Cajun country !!!
Thanks for the welcome. I've got some some good friends stationed at Barksdale.
Old 02-18-2022, 10:21 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I've been through Houston once when I drove for Schneider. Not too bad of an area down there.
Old 02-18-2022, 07:21 PM   #52

Quote:
I left Minot Jul '94, just after the BUFF crashed at Fairchild. We lived on Indian Rock Circle, just down from the shoppette and across from the trailer park.

I believe thatís where my coworker lived but itís been a long time, so canít say for sure. My dorm was basically between the chow hall and shoppette. Funny thing is my dad was stationed there when I was a kid. All those darn houses looked the same to a 4 year old and I went in the wrong one more than once during winter.
Old 02-18-2022, 07:42 PM   #53

Welcome from Arizona! We are two old Air Force retirees ourselves. My husband worked B-52s for a while as a young buck while I worked on F-4 forward radar systems. John was also a NG employee until they lost too many contracts in Sierra Vista.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 08:16 PM   #54

When I first got there, I was in the FMS dorm which was caddy corner to the chow hall.
Old 02-18-2022, 08:17 PM   #55

Welcome to the forum!!
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 08:18 PM   #56

Thanks for the welcome. I was in Az a couple of times when I drove for Opie’s. Stopped in Flagstaff a couple of times, beautiful area around there.
Old 02-18-2022, 08:19 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyflotrtim View Post
Welcome to the forum!!
Thanks for the welcome