Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2014, 10:36 AM   #1

Hello Fellow Campers

Lifetime tent camper that married a complete non-camper. I've taken her tent camping about 6 times and she has been completely miserable. We now have 2 kids, 7 and 9 and I really want them to start enjoying the same experiences I had when I was their age.
Just bought a 2006 Shamrock 19 hybrid!!! Hoping this will bridge the gap. Haven't had a chance to use her yet, but from what I can see so far, she's been very lightly used! Not to say she's perfect, lacking in a lot of the normal accessories(no gray/black water drain pipe, no power cord) and there's a 2x2 soft spot up front caused by a leaking seal no doubt, but we got her for a song and we're very much looking forward to using her.
Thanks to all of you that have posted your experiences! You have no way of knowing how many people you have helped, so thanks!!!
Barret
Concord, NC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shamrock.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	65162  
barroosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
RKR

I had to do pretty much the same. I've camped all my life mostly in tents and cabins. Once the kids were big enough to camp it was just me and them that would go. I finally convinced the wife to camp a couple years ago and off we went. She liked it except not having the "facilities" when using a tent. We bought a 5r last year and it has been great since. She looks forward to camping now that she has a bed and a bathroom.

Sent from my high tech gadget
RKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #3

Same here. Wife and I used to tent alot then the babies came and life got hectic. After 3 yrs talked her into looking at campers and after this first yr back into it she was upset the other night that the season is at an end for us. Can't wait till spring
JonClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to the forums from So Cal! Tent camping is great but there's something to be said about having some of the comforts of home too.

PS
Looks like a nice trailer too.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper