Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2010, 03:28 PM   #1

Smile Hello from Alberta

Hello!
My husband and I are new to fifth wheeling.
Just took delivery of a 2009 31ft Sabre reds.
Haven't had it out yet, but come May 1st we'll be using it a lot.
Will be starting to fulltime this winter.
I'm sure we can pick up a lot of useful info. from all of you.
Looking forward to getting to know you.
D&GM
D&GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #2

Welcome to FRF. You will find many good people here with a ton of experience and helpful information. Hope you have many fun and trouble free trips.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #3

Hi DG&M,

Leslie and I are from the Calgary area and this is our second year with our travel trailer. In spite of taking delivery in June, we managed to get in 22 days of camping last year. Not bad, if I say so myself!

I have a lot of years left to work before we'll be ready to full-time, so I must say I'm rather envious. But, for now, we've already booked some time at Mount Kidd and Tunnell Mountain, and we're hoping to try out one of those uber-secluded sites tucked away in the trees at Sundance Lodge.

Happy Camping!
carlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlm View Post
Hi DG&M,

Leslie and I are from the Calgary area and this is our second year with our travel trailer. In spite of taking delivery in June, we managed to get in 22 days of camping last year. Not bad, if I say so myself!

I have a lot of years left to work before we'll be ready to full-time, so I must say I'm rather envious. But, for now, we've already booked some time at Mount Kidd and Tunnell Mountain, and we're hoping to try out one of those uber-secluded sites tucked away in the trees at Sundance Lodge.

Happy Camping!
22 days...wow...thats pretty good for Alberta. Got the trailer last year and we managed about 6 I think but we are heading up to Tunnel Mountain II this summer for our marriage ceremony and looking forward to it. Kind of a shame that Tunnel Muntain is not more "forested" for some privacy but we need the hook ups for stuff that week otherwise I would prefer to be at Two Jack Lake boondocking it instead. Heading to Crimson Lake this longweekend to start the season off. Happy Trails!!

2004 Forest River RV Salem T23FBL
2007 Trailblazer SS...I mod because I can!
MaxPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #5

MaxPe,

Congratulations! I can't think of anywhere nicer to get married than Banff.

Leslie and I are using the long weekend to de-winterize, but we have a campsite booked at Mount Kidd for the following weekend. I'm hoping the trailer survived the winter - I guess we'll find out when we pick it up from trailer purgatory (a.k.a. that-place-that-charges-me-70-dollars-a-month-for-a-gravel-pad).

I'm looking for a spot to spend a week in September. Would you recommend Crimson Lake? We've never been and it's always nice to get the opinion of someone in the know.

Cheers,
carlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #6

MAXPE

Congratulations!
Banff is really pretty in the summer: great venue for a wedding.
D&GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlm View Post
MaxPe,

Congratulations! I can't think of anywhere nicer to get married than Banff.

Leslie and I are using the long weekend to de-winterize, but we have a campsite booked at Mount Kidd for the following weekend. I'm hoping the trailer survived the winter - I guess we'll find out when we pick it up from trailer purgatory (a.k.a. that-place-that-charges-me-70-dollars-a-month-for-a-gravel-pad).

I'm looking for a spot to spend a week in September. Would you recommend Crimson Lake? We've never been and it's always nice to get the opinion of someone in the know.

Cheers,
Crimson Lake Provincial Park is one of my regular places I go to...provided you reserve early enough or show up early on Friday morning as it fills up fast, I have been going there for the past 20 years. It is a large campground and in my experience fairly clean, well treed sites, large lake, bike trails all around the lake and overall one of my favorite campgrounds by far...I would highly recommend it.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&GM View Post
MAXPE

Congratulations!
Banff is really pretty in the summer: great venue for a wedding.
Thanks, if I remember I will try and put up at least a photo of that day...saw a nice 5iver at the RV show early this year that really impressed me, it was a 31' (can not recall the make) with the fireplace in the rear section...brand new going for $36,000...now if only my future wife would approve and darn it now I have to consider a 2500HD...GMC of course!...