Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #1

Hello from B'ham., Al

We're about to become new owners of our first trailer with the purchase of a 27DFWP Lite Toy Hauler. We've been looking and researching for about two years and am tired of it. We love the Wolf Pack and can't wait to go camping. We own four motorcycles and love to ride. They're all street bikes. We've been tent camping for 25 years and my wife has decided that she ain't tent camping no more!! I am an assistant Scoutmaster with the Boy Scouts and camp somewhere every month. I love it and she does too and we eventually would love to full time. We have three grown kids ( one at home still, college) and looking forward to our first grandbaby!! Hope that's an adequate intro as I can't type and this has taken 15 minutes, lol. Glad we found ya'll.

Ed and Kay and Yoshi and Boo Boo.
Slow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #2

GREAT Intro and welcome to FRF.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #3

Welcome Slow2, you are at the right place great people and alot of info.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #4

HOWDY
Ed and Kay and Yoshi and Boo Boo

welcome to FRF
used to live not far from old Bham.

i do miss bama a bit
Old 05-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #5

We love Bama, ROLL TIDE!!!! Fantastic motorcycle riding and awesome camping. If I couldn't live here, we'd pick North Carolina ( Blue Ridge Parkway) or Ellijay (North Georgia). We love them both and look forward to camping and riding both in the future. Thanks for the welcomes!!
Ed and Kay and Yoshi and Boo Boo
Old 05-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #6

Oh yea, something else funny. We have already rented a storage lot to keep our Toy Hauler at (less than 3 miles from our house) and have even bought dishes for it even though we don't even own one yet!! Just for the record, the motorcycles are:
2004 Yamaha Roadstar (we ride this one the most)
2007 Yamaha 1100 Silverado Classic (Kay's ride)
1974 Norton 850 Commando ( I restored this one and want to keep it rest of my life) promised to my oldest son when I no longer need it. I love riding my Norton!!!!
1978 Triumph 750 Bonneville, still in the building stage ( would gladly trade for a 1968 Norton )
Ed
Old 05-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Hello and welcome!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:13 AM   #8

I forgot to mention last night when I welcomed you to the Forum " Be Prepared " We are " Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpfully, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent " and we do " A Good Deed Daily " So welcome again!
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:32 AM   #9

to the FRF. Glad to have you here.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #10

Welcome to FRF!!

Post some pics of your scoots in the Motorcycle section.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:17 PM   #11

Welcome to the forum. No motorcycles here but we have a couple of Honda Ranchers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	men out camping.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	837  
Old 05-08-2008, 11:09 AM   #12

Well, it looks like it will be awhile before we're TH owners. Deal fell through and the other one we found was to be delivered to the dealer yesterday but was wrecked on the way. Will be at least three more weeks before another one is delivered. In the mean time, we're anticipating an 09' Puma 28TBU being delivered to a new dealer a couple of miles from the house. Also found out that Forest River owns Palamino, the co. that builds the Puma. Our TH looking and searching continues.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:34 PM   #13

Welcome to the forum!

My son was looking into a toy hauler himself recently, but had to back-burner it again when he decided to build a new house. Funny how that'll put a crimp in your toy plans!! Congratulations on your decision as that's about 3/4 of the battle to start with, enjoy!
Chasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #14

Well, Puma arrived and it's everything we've been looking for. I was a little worried about the weight but yesterday I hooked up to it and towed it up mountains, down steep valleys and on curvy roads with the AC on. That one ton van with a 6.6 diesel pulled like it was an 18 wheeler and temp gauge never moved above normal. This little exercise greatly eased my worries. So, if we can get close to the price we feel is fair, we're going to pull the trigger.
Ed
Old 05-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #15

New owners!!

Well, we finally did it! We're the proud owners of an 09' Puma Unleashed 28TBU toy hauler. We take delivery tomorrow( Monday). Can't wait. Trying to find a campground close that's got an opening next weekend (Memorial Day) is an exercise in futility. You'd never know the economy is bad, lol. Looks like we'll camp in the driveway and learn or RV.
Ed
Old 05-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #16

Welcome to the forum,
And Hello from Montgomery! Glad to see a fellow Alabamian. Alabama is a great place to Rv-camp. We really enjoy Lake Martin. And I hope you'll try our favorite camp ground at Prairie Creek,a COE camp ground between Montgomery and Selma. It's right on the bank of the Alabama River and SO beautiful. When you get your new camper hitch up and GO!