Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #21
NELA

We have our first long trip planned....NASCAR...BRISTOL!
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:25 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice View Post

I just checked for information on the DArbonne site and it shows 30 amp only. We've two a/cs....it's kinda hot to count on running only one. (we're 50 ampers) Maybe that info is outdated?

I think it is outdated. I stay at site 16 all the time in Darbonne and it has 50 amp as well as sites 18 and 20. I think they all do. You might can call them to confirm as all the sites I have stayed at Caney do also.

EDIT: Using the ReserveAmerica website confirms they all do have 50 amp hookups. If you stay at state parks, you need to bookmark reserveamericqs site as they are how you have to reserve spots at the parks along with a 6 dollar fee. That's the great outsourcing our state has done. Even if you drive to the park and get a spot at the gate, you still have to pay the 6 dollar reserveamerica fee;

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campsi...36&startIdx=25

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #23
NELA

WMTIRE

We are officially BOOKED! for Jimmy Davis State Park! Three days beginning next Friday, whooooo big first step!

We are trying to decide on one of three names for 'er.....Nina, Pinta or Santa Maria.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #24
NELA

Not sure if I posted in the right area, but saw a thread for name change requests. I goofed up in using my real name and asked to change it to HERmit.

Turtle gave me the idea...house goes with ya. I think there's a way to do it yourself...DH did it...he changed his from what he originally used to Schnicklefritz. I'm not that tech savvy.

Just putting this where I hope it'll be seen by admin.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #25
NELA

Hawwwwt diggity.... I'm HERmit!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #26
William

Welcome from South LA, that is Louisiana.
2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #27
NELA

Thank ya! Only been here a few days, and you folks are finer 'n frog hair split five ways!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERmit View Post
WMTIRE

We are officially BOOKED! for Jimmy Davis State Park! Three days beginning next Friday, whooooo big first step!

We are trying to decide on one of three names for 'er.....Nina, Pinta or Santa Maria.
Excellent. From a historical standpoint, the Santa Maria didn't return from Columbus first trip, and was dismantled after running aground. You probably don't want to jinx your trailer with that name.

The Nina and Pinta (however the Pinta had to be repaired at one point) did return...with the same Nina going back on his second voyage.

Does that help narrow it down.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #29
NELA

Pffffft....got a history buff. LOL YEP it narrows it down!

Those names came up when DH jokingly referred to pulling "that Titanic" sized thing outta here next Friday.

He also mentioned "Queen Mary". nahhhh

BTW when you picked up your TT, was the bathroom tissue holder not installed? Ours wasn't, and the tech explained that many don't want it installed because kids break 'em off, etc.

I solved that problem today by purchasing one of those free standing tissue holders.

Our trailer also came with a POS paper towel holder mounted under the cabinet...so flimsy the paper towel roll would fall out when you reach for a towel. Solved that one too, by buying the free standing paper towel holder...took that flimsy plastic POS down and threw it away.

Kinda silly...every thing in this trailer is first class...corian counter tops, etc. amd that thing wasn't worth the price of the two screws to mount it.

As for naming 'er...I figure that like a pet, she'll end up naming herself.

Thanks for the info!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Old 05-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
BTW when you picked up your TT, was the bathroom tissue holder not installed? Ours wasn't, and the tech explained that many don't want it installed because kids break 'em off, etc.

I solved that problem today by purchasing one of those free standing tissue holders.

Our trailer also came with a POS paper towel holder mounted under the cabinet...so flimsy the paper towel roll would fall out when you reach for a towel. Solved that one too, by buying the free standing paper towel holder...took that flimsy plastic POS down and threw it away.
I had a toilet paper holder but don't really use it.

X2 on the paper towel holder. Mine falls out from traveling and won't hold a roll. I haven't replaced it yet, but may do that now since you reminded me.

I am in MS this weekend and am waiting on a certain home depot across from the hotel to open tomorrow before coming home. They have 7 sliding trays in stock that Herk showed me he installed in his trailers pantry. I am going to buy three tomorrow for mine.

Our home depot doesn't have them.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ets-24486.html

Old 05-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #31

Hello HERmit. My husband and I are also just the two of us with kids out of the house and are beginners. You've got a little jump on us having owned an RV before. Our only experience is in fantasy while we read about others' experiences and in traipsing though RVs at all the RV shows close enough to get to in a day trip.

We're up in Pennsylvania.

You're setup is beautiful.
Palm Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #32

Nice unit,is one of the A/C units located in the bedroom? Is it ducted into the other supply duct work as well? Can you use the Refer.with the slide in the travel position? Noticed a very large Black tank,what other system runs into that tank? Thanks Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #33
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Nice unit,is one of the A/C units located in the bedroom? Is it ducted into the other supply duct work as well? Can you use the Refer.with the slide in the travel position? Noticed a very large Black tank,what other system runs into that tank? Thanks Youroo!!
oooooo lawdy, lemme see now if I can answer these....

Yes, one A/C is in the bedroom and I'm assuming it's connected to the other A/C ductwork, as the reverse is true. We've not yet used only the BR A/C but used the LR A/C and it was blowing through the BR ducts.

(we've not taken a trip yet....it's just a gorgeious yard ornament at this point...picked it up last Friday, takin 'er on the first short trip this Friday)

With the sliders in, yes, I'd say you can use the fridge. If you're askin can you reach in? Yep. Decent space between the fridge door and the island sink with the slider in.

Yep, that *is* a big black tank. Hellifiknow the answer to that question. I'll check with the Captain of this ship when he returns from the golf course and get back with ya.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #34
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I had a toilet paper holder but don't really use it.

X2 on the paper towel holder. Mine falls out from traveling and won't hold a roll. I haven't replaced it yet, but may do that now since you reminded me.

I am in MS this weekend and am waiting on a certain home depot across from the hotel to open tomorrow before coming home. They have 7 sliding trays in stock that Herk showed me he installed in his trailers pantry. I am going to buy three tomorrow for mine.

Our home depot doesn't have them.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ets-24486.html
Those are nice for deep cabinets. Our pantry is *wide* and shallow....well, they're the depth of the Microwave install above them.

I found some neat "canned food stabilizers" at WalMart. They're floppy silicone strips...the width/length of say a regular can off soup and have 'valleys' about a third of the depth of that can lying on its side. You can stack six cans at least two high, on their side, and probably three high. I didn't buy 'em, and just looked through 78 pages of kitchen gadgets on their website...didn't see 'em...going back to get several of 'em today.

I'm learning that those rubber woven look shelf liners are a must! I'm cutting them up to fit the base of anything I don't want moving around....that stand alone paper towel holder has a rubber bottom, but I cut a circle of that shelf liner and put it under it as well.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #35
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palm Breeze View Post
Hello HERmit. My husband and I are also just the two of us with kids out of the house and are beginners. You've got a little jump on us having owned an RV before. Our only experience is in fantasy while we read about others' experiences and in traipsing though RVs at all the RV shows close enough to get to in a day trip.

We're up in Pennsylvania.

You're setup is beautiful.
I wouldn't call the RV we owned a "jump" on camping. It was a hand-me-down from In laws.

While heade up the mountain at Carlsbad Caverns the tranny blew. Stuck in Carlsbad for a week, waiting for a replacement. Next trip out the tranny blew again. Found out the problem....

Ex FIL (God rest his soul) had been working on the radiator before we took it out...unhooked the hose to the tranny cooler and to keep the fluid from draining he plugged the hose with a small stick.

YEP, ya guessed it, he'd forgotten about the stick when he put everything back together. GRRRRRRRR

HE thought it was funny.

We too dreamed and schemed for a *long* time before we bought our new toy. Something just clicked when we walked into this one. We'd been all over their lot that day..hot, sweaty, tired....I walked through this one, looked at DH and said....OK, this is the one....let's go get a salesman.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #36
B47

Quote:
Hawwwwt diggity.... I'm HERmit!
aka Janice?
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #37
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
aka Janice?

yeah huh

Old 06-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #38
NELA

Took 'er out for her first trip last Friday, to a state park about 30 minutes away.

Happy to report she was *all systems geaux*! No problems at all, except that a coffee maker we bought at wally world was kaput, took it back for exchange and that one was kaput too. grrrrr

And, we had one helluva storm Saturday night..awesome lightning show until we went to bed at midnight....around one AM the entire park lost power. Discovered Sunday morning that a HUGE pine tree blew down across the site about six spaces East of us....thankfully it wasn't an occupied space...tree went down right across the picnic table.

Thankfully the storm brought in a cool front so we weren't sweatin' all night.

LOL, both of us weren't in the mood to go back to work yesterday....

like that commercial I detest

"I want more"!

Old 06-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #39
Site Team

Glad to hear your trailer did well on it's initial outing, even though Mother Nature could have been more cooperative.

That sure was a storm system. My gutters at the house got clogged up, so there I was on the roof during the storm, clearing them out.

I also now have part of my driveway in my front yard, as much sand got washed down. Won't have to worry about mowing that part for a long time.

One of my employees lost part of their roof, and another one had a lightning strike close enough to fry some of his electronics in his house.

I saw several trees down as I drove to work yesterday, and Entergy trucks running all over the place.

No matter what, we were fortunate though....and didn't get nothing as severe as our fellow RV'ers in Oklahoma.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #40

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip, even with the weather.

It's All Good!!!
Geeza42 is offline   Reply With Quote