Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2018, 04:42 PM   #1

Hello from Maine!

Hi everyone! Friends call me Colly, and I'm up here in Maine. My fiancé got a travel job earlier this year, and that seems like the perfect excuse to buy an rv and go full-timing for a while. We've been researching.....and had originally planned on buying an older rig and renovating it. But, sometimes life throws a curveball. We stopped by a local RV place just for fun, and were wandering around...and fell head over heels for the 2019 Forest River Cherokee 274dbh. The size, weight, and layout are exactly what we want. And it already has extra features we were planning on adding in if we renovated an older trailer. Everything about it seems to be perfect for us.

We plan to do an inspection on it before buying (of course), and the dealer has more than one of them, so if we find issues we can check out another. I'm a bit nervous, but am also very excited.
Collyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:48 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collyla View Post
Hi everyone! Friends call me Colly, and I'm up here in Maine. My fiancé got a travel job earlier this year, and that seems like the perfect excuse to buy an rv and go full-timing for a while. We've been researching.....and had originally planned on buying an older rig and renovating it. But, sometimes life throws a curveball. We stopped by a local RV place just for fun, and were wandering around...and fell head over heels for the 2019 Forest River Cherokee 274dbh. The size, weight, and layout are exactly what we want. And it already has extra features we were planning on adding in if we renovated an older trailer. Everything about it seems to be perfect for us.

We plan to do an inspection on it before buying (of course), and the dealer has more than one of them, so if we find issues we can check out another. I'm a bit nervous, but am also very excited.
Welcome to a great forum! (We're originally from Maine, ever heard of Millinocket or Medway? They are about an hour north of Bangor) We're now in Colorado. (My house sits about 2,000 feet above Mt. Katahdin!) :-)

Please read through these forums about your walk-through (PDI)....just like buying a new car, the RV dealer will NOT swap out your trailer if it has issues (if they say that, they are lying unless you get it in writing.)
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoRick View Post
Welcome to a great forum! (We're originally from Maine, ever heard of Millinocket or Medway? They are about an hour north of Bangor) We're now in Colorado. (My house sits about 2,000 feet above Mt. Katahdin!) :-)

Please read through these forums about your walk-through (PDI)....just like buying a new car, the RV dealer will NOT swap out your trailer if it has issues (if they say that, they are lying unless you get it in writing.)
I know Millinocket. And the fiancé is originally from Colorado lol. Thanks for the heads up on the swap out.
Collyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:40 PM   #4

Welcome from SW Ohio ,enjoy your Cherokee 274dbh TT !
Old 09-18-2018, 04:46 AM   #5
Jfr

Hello from central Maine! We just bought a Cherokee 26dbh last week. Cant wait to take it out to Searsport on Columbus day weekend. Welcome!
John and Diana
Jfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:16 AM   #6

Welcome from another former central Mainah. Born and raised in Hermon/Bangor.

You will like your Cherokee. We use to have a Grey Wolf toy hauler. Liked it very much. Good luck.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:17 AM   #7
ysidive

Great State of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collyla View Post

Used to do a lot of fishing in Maine when I lived in NY... Bunny Clark in OGonquit… Good luck on your New Trailer.. Just be sure that you have the proper tow vehicle before you jump in to the purchase....
Days Camping 2022 Not Enough
ysidive is offline   Reply With Quote