Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2018, 12:17 PM   #1

Hello from MN

Hello,

we bought a used 5th Wheel last Sept and i have to say that we have loved it. We have ran into issues but our RV place has been extremely helpful in giving us advice about our RV. we have done some repairs and had to completely redo the plug for the truck. We are learning a ton and hoping to learn more. We like to go to the state parks and camp out on weekends and such and hoping to use it more and more over the years as we get older. We have lots of questions and not really sure where to start. we are running into some issues with sensors of course which sounds to be normal that they don't work and i just read to not leave the black tank empty.. This is our first time owning a 5th wheel. my hubby owned a camper that went on the back of a truck but this seems to be much different.

Looking forward to learning anf hopefully make a few new friends here
GinaJeremyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:25 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum from south of the Twin Cities.
Bought our first TT last fall, and have had 4 trips. The MN online camping reservation system runs out 12 months, and electric sites fill fast (which you probably already know). Have fun.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:29 PM   #3

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your 5th wheel. Yes there is alot to learn but there are many knowledgeable, friendly and helpful people here to assist you.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:07 PM   #4

Thank you! Yes we go to the STate Parks. We have 6 trips reserved and we have done 3 of them and had to do 2 extra trips so far. we stll have 3 more to go. We are on the passport program for hte State parks here in mn and we earn free nights. and its so much cheaper. allows us to teach the children too. we areloving it. we have had by end of this year 14 trips in the rv since Sept. we will look to book next years parks in around March and April and see where we can go. WE have been to 1 RV park. It was nice but they allow so many vehicles in there that we would get blocked in and we like to go in and out. but it was fun... we are finding many nice folks out there.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:43 PM   #5

Welcome from SW Ohio ,enjoy your 5thwheel !
Old 07-30-2018, 01:56 PM   #6
RV There Yet?

Welcome from Winona Mn!! We prefer the state parks to just about any other campground. happy camping!
IsleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaJeremyK View Post
Hello,

we bought a used 5th Wheel last Sept and i have to say that we have loved it. We have ran into issues but our RV place has been extremely helpful in giving us advice about our RV. we have done some repairs and had to completely redo the plug for the truck. We are learning a ton and hoping to learn more. We like to go to the state parks and camp out on weekends and such and hoping to use it more and more over the years as we get older. We have lots of questions and not really sure where to start. we are running into some issues with sensors of course which sounds to be normal that they don't work and i just read to not leave the black tank empty.. This is our first time owning a 5th wheel. my hubby owned a camper that went on the back of a truck but this seems to be much different.

Looking forward to learning anf hopefully make a few new friends here
btw, I'm not sure what the context was for not leaving the blank tank empty, but we empty ours after every trip. We have a black tank flush connection, so that helps. Having said that, we don't use it when it's empty. Before each trip I put 2 capfuls of Calgon water softner and a capful of Dawn dishsoap in a 5 gal bucket and fill it in my basement (water is connected to water softner in the house), then dump it in the toilet before we start out. That and use a lot of water with the toilet. I've noticed a big difference when dumping the black tank. Yeah, i know, TMI. And I'm probably newer at this than you are, so take this with a grain of salt.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:48 AM   #8

we have a water softner on my house and that is what we use too. So we are in the same boat. I have enjoyed it and we are working on cleaning it out too.. but how interesting. Thanks. You do what we do. but i think we need to add more water prior to dumping.. itwould make more sense.

Easier on my hubby.. I will have to mention that.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:55 PM   #9

From SC!

2019 Surveyor 201RBS
2017 Nissan Titan XD
mbcabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote