Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
Wolfpacduramaxman

Hello from New Castle, CO.

My wife Barbara and our mini dachshund Cody love our 2009 Wolf Pac 16 DFWP toy hauler. Barbara loves the fact that the ATV's are stored outside on the front deck, no mud, no fuel odor, no mess. The unit tows like a dream.
We have modified the bed deck-changed out the mattress for a sleep number full queen and added an access door for storage under the bed (no mattress lifting). We put Cody's bed under ours in the storage area and he loves it!
We also swapped out the single 12 v battery for 2 Trojan T-105 6 v batteries and added a solar panel charging system.
Enjoy everyone's posts and the friendly atmosphere of the forum.
2005 GMC Sierra Duramax
2006 Yamaha 450 Kodiak
2009 Yamaha 700 Grizzly
Old 07-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
2011 Forest River Stealth

Welcome from the central coast of California
rwtdct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've been very busy.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
Wolfpacduramaxman

Thank you both for the warm welcome. We got several good trips in before the monsoon rains hit. We spent 7 days on the Flat Tops-awesome. Bugs were starting to get hungry, wildflowers were priceless (pix posted on photo album).
Back to work this week-rough! If you are ever out Colorado way I would be glad to assist with area info.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #5

Welcome and happy camping! We live in Northglenn , howdy neighbor. How are the two six volts working for ya . We just bought our first fifth wheel (2013 323QB wildcat) and i am convincing the wife to try boon docking . We have a brand new 12v 27 group that I was just going to add a second but everyone like the six!
Having A Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
Wolfpacduramaxman

Hello Neighbor

Howdy there "havin a ball". Neighbors indeed. I grew up in Loveland and my Dad lived in Denver burbs.
Those trojan T-105's are rock solid, I have power to spare. We only "boon-dock", no power except battery and generator. Planning a trip to Independance Mtn. northwest of Walden in August. There is a huge meteor shower that weekend-should be awesome of the sky is clear.
It's also a short drive to Lake John-big "Bows". Big Creek Lakes are a short ATV ride away.
Hope you can convince the wife to "ruff-it", Happy Camping. Check out my phto albums on FR Forums. Take care, Joe (Googmiester).
Old 07-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #7
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by googmiester View Post
My wife Barbara and our mini dachshund Cody love our 2009 Wolf Pac 16 DFWP toy hauler. Barbara loves the fact that the ATV's are stored outside on the front deck, no mud, no fuel odor, no mess. The unit tows like a dream.
We have modified the bed deck-changed out the mattress for a sleep number full queen and added an access door for storage under the bed (no mattress lifting). We put Cody's bed under ours in the storage area and he loves it!
We also swapped out the single 12 v battery for 2 Trojan T-105 6 v batteries and added a solar panel charging system.
Enjoy everyone's posts and the friendly atmosphere of the forum.
2005 GMC Sierra Duramax
2006 Yamaha 450 Kodiak
2009 Yamaha 700 Grizzly
Welcome also from Arvada, the 6 volt batts are great. I ended up with DEKA G15's but the performance is similar. I have my solar panels on roof racks on the truck. that way I can move them into the sun and have the 5er in the shade, when there is shade, that is
Old 07-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #8
Wolfpacduramaxman

Hello Garbonz

Howdy Garbonz, the DEKA's are also a great choice. I keep my solar panels mobile so I can place them as needed and I'm weary about penetrating the roof.
Stuck home catching up on Honey Doo's and waiting for skeeters to die down. Looking forward to the cooler August temps!
My Duramax is an LLY motor. Had to modify the turbo mouthpiece. The turbo now spools up faster and temps are normal.
How hot does your Allison tranny run on step grade pulls? Mine was sitting on the edge of red line when pulling long steep grades. I added a product called "Lube Gaurd" and temps are averaging 40 degrees cooler.
Happy camping, Joe
Old 07-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #9

Great pics Joe! Do you have a pic of your solar set up to share?. The wife is on board, now just to pick a spot . Any place you guys would recommend? I have a portable genny and I have 35ft 5th wheel and no toys. We have been to camp grounds only so any place with a view would great
Having A Ball is offline   Reply With Quote