Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2017, 01:01 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch333id View Post
Hi and welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service to Canada and congratulations on the purchase of your RV.

We hauled ours over to TO this last summer and plan on doing the same next year, although we'll head further east as well. We found some nice locations and some we wouldn't go back to but overall we had a great time. We're (well, I am - the wife his happy to let me as it keeps me quiet) currently researching locations in ON for next summer but we prefer glamping locations with FHU over Provincial parks.

Asking about 'trailer related purchases' is like opening pandoras box. There are limitless options you didn't know you needed to buy until you saw one that somebody else had.

Best wishes for the upcoming camping season (7 months from now).
You are welcome. I joined the Canadian Armed Forces as a way to give back to the country that gave my family the opportunities it has. My parents immigrated to Canada from the Netherlands as newlyweds.

The biggest questions for us for next year is how to coordinate vacation time between DW and I to figure out when we can take longer trips. The weekends in Provincial Parks in our area are awesome, but I really want to go farther and see more. I was posted to Gander, NL for 3 years, and have driven the highway between Ontario and North Sydney many times, but now I'm considering actually exploring that area...or go west and see what kind of stuff we can find out there. The options are limitless when you have a house behind you.
BigWil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:39 AM   #22

Welcome to tne from I'm also from Belleville ont
monde48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:45 AM   #23

Welcome neighbour, I'm just down the 401 in Oshawa.

This is good forum with good people with tons of knowledge.....don't be afraid to draw on them!

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:51 AM   #24

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Welcome from New Hamburg Ont.

Thank you serving Canada in the Armed Forces!

We also spend all our time in Provincial parks. Just spent a week in September between Grundy lake and Arrowhead and Sibbald Point (won't go back here).

Planing on Roundeau next weekend. Then maybe Pinery in November depending on snow. I am one that doesn't winterize till the last minute and first day of spring dewinterize. We open Rondeau most years, also Inverhuron in May.

Have Fun!!
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:27 AM   #25

Welcome from New Jersey, I am also very new here, we also have a 248RBS on order, placed the order on 9/15 dealer said we are most likely looking at a late December delivery

Its going to be a long winter,

2019 Silverado 1500 double cab max tow
dennis110r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:37 AM   #26

Welcome from the New Jersey Shore! Best of luck with your new trailer, and happy travels!
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:34 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis110r View Post
Welcome from New Jersey, I am also very new here, we also have a 248RBS on order, placed the order on 9/15 dealer said we are most likely looking at a late December delivery

Its going to be a long winter,
We definitely cheated on our order. I talked to my RV Dealer, and asked what he sold that would work for DW and I, with a list of requirements: under 25' box size, couples trailer with outdoor kitchen, and I was told to check out the 248RBS. Saw the floor plan, and loved it, so did the wife. We hit up the RV show in Toronto last weekend, and saw one in person. Went to my dealer, and told them I wanted to order it. They happened to have 3 on order for this month, with one already purchased. They also have a list of 12 people who wanted to check them out as soon as they came in. DW and I looked at each other, and we spoke for the 2nd one, otherwise we may not be getting one for quite awhile.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:37 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Welcome from New Hamburg Ont.

Thank you serving Canada in the Armed Forces!

We also spend all our time in Provincial parks. Just spent a week in September between Grundy lake and Arrowhead and Sibbald Point (won't go back here).

Planing on Roundeau next weekend. Then maybe Pinery in November depending on snow. I am one that doesn't winterize till the last minute and first day of spring dewinterize. We open Rondeau most years, also Inverhuron in May.

Have Fun!!
That's the way to do it. We will be doing a lot more camping next year, and are hoping to make it your side of Toronto, as that's where I am from (family is mostly near London)
Old 10-29-2017, 03:47 PM   #29

Hi, and welcome. Algonquin Park is open for winter camping...The Mew Lake campground. Lots of trails in Algonquin, along the hwy 60 corridor. We mostly do the provincial parks, always ending the season in Algonquin...Lake of Two Rivers. The spring is really bad for bugs in Algonquin and parks north. May and June, try to stay south of hwy 7. One of the nicest parks for families is Bon Echo. When we were there, kids were everywhere having fun. Good beaches, a big one for dogs. Kayaking along the Mazinaw Rock and getting up close with the pictographs...priceless. So many provincial parks...we try new ones every year. Have fun! Former air-force brat.
Littlehouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada