Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2021, 09:28 PM   #1

Hello from SK Canada

Hello All,

I've been looking at trailers for probably the last 10 years always wanted one but was too cheap to actually get one.
This past week I finally decided to get off the pot and see what was available. With Covid and the shortage of nearly everything finding a "small" trailer was nearly impossible.
My parameters were

1. Jeep Cherokee and Grand Cherokee towable
2. 12v Only fridge
3. Less than 25ft so it would fit in my driveway
4. Factory solar (even though lots of solar from the factory is garbage)

I managed to find a Jayco jay Feather Micro 166FBS in stock locally but when I went to look at it, it didn't have solar, or a 12v fridge and the salesman was just terrible, so that one was out.

My only other option was a Used 2018 Keystone Bullet 2070BH.
As I pulled up to the dealership it was being sold.
I didn't need a trailer so I decided I'd just wander around the lot and see what else was available, and there really was only 26ft and above trailers, so I wasn't interested and figured I would wait until next year.

A guy from service was out on the lot and asked If I was looking for my trailer and I said "no just found out the trailer I was interested in was sold so just killing time".

As luck would have it this service guy made my day. He told me they just took in on trade a 2021 Geo Pro 19BH that was virtually new.
Old lady special ordered it. Picked it up towed it home, decided it was too small and brought it back to trade for a larger model.

The unit was still in the service department getting inspected but I got to take a look at it. I'd love to know who ordered this because they knew exactly what they wanted (which is what I want)

It has Dual 190w solar panels and a 30a controller + additional hook ups for solar on the side. Sadly the original owner took the lithium batteries they special ordered to move on to the next trailer. I have a few ideas on how to integrate the 3 Ecoflow Lithium battery packs I have in to this trailer before I end up purchasing a lithium battery and relocating it inside.

Either way it was chance find and with the way the market is with small trailers I can't believe I managed to find it.

Saved 10k off the price of a new trailer while still being new!

It's about 3200lbs dry with a 420lb hitch weight. Towable with my 2014 Cherokee (4500lbs rating). No issues towing with my 2014 Grand Cherokee (7200lbs rating, Quadralift Air suspension 5.7)

Picked up a WDH as well. Really impressed with how well it tows with my Grand Cherokee, the air suspension keeps everything level and it tows very smoothly.

Only modification I've done so far is added a 100ah (wanted a 200ah but when I thought about how much I will boondock it would really be a waste).

I had zero interest in spending over $1000 (CDN) on the name brand lithium batteries so I went with a Screampower 100AH battery which was $650 with a 5 year warranty.

I thought long and hard about how to keep the lithium battery charged up because of the non lithium WFCO 8735 converter in the trailer, and since I purchased a 5 year extended warranty on the trailer I really didn't want to start changing things around. As i've read here the WFCO converter in my trailer never does the 14.4v bulk charging mode but is around 13.5-13.6 all the time. Until I get a proper battery shunt it would appear after being plugged in for about 10 hours my lithium battery is about 80% charged. With all the rooftop solar keeping it topped up properly (GO Power has a LFP mode) won't be an issue. On days where it's really cloudy what I managed to do was take the lithium charger than came with the battery and put it in an Atwood large battery box, and use a Noco outlet mounted to the side of the box. At night when the solar is not charging I can plug in this 10a charger and get my battery topped up if I need to .

One pleasant surprise was how well my portable fridge/freezer fit under the lower bunk in the back, I've got it plugged in to the AC outlet in the lower bunk area and have the inverter on to power it (yes I know not as efficient but 380w of solar makes it fine)

And finally (for now) I've got Ecoflow products which I take with me when I go camping so I don't need to hook up to power.

The Delta is 1600W and 3100w surge 1036WH but won't run the AC (will run the fan high and low)

The R600 Pro is 600w 1200w surge and 768WH

The River 600 is 600w 1200w surge and 288WH

I've been lurking around here for a while, so I don't have too many questions yet....
ORA2
Tyler-98-W68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 09:19 AM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats and enjoy your 2021 Geo Pro 19BH.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 10:11 AM   #3

What a great find!

We just bought a 2022 20BHS new and based on the dealer decal in your photos, we might be in the same city. We're definitely excited to take it on it's maiden voyage, and hopefully if this cool, wet weather turns around, we will try and get out a few more times in September.
TMB14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada