Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #1

Hello from socal

My wife and I just bought our first trailer. We bought a 22ft Stealth toy hauler. We looked at alot of different makers. What sold us on this trailer, was the interior. I heard they hired the WW designer. We took it out the first weekend we owned it. We had a great time in Parker AZ. I cant wait to take it out again. Right now, making some few mods, flag pole holder, etc....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(5).jpg
Views:	76
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	5203  
showtime0022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nice TH and Welcome to FR Forums.

Feel free to share any interesting mods. Pictures are always nice.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #3

to the forum and congratulations on the TH! Pics are always encouraged, looking good.

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
Site Team

Great looking trailer! I'm from Southern California too (Inland Empire). If you don't mind me asking - what general area are you located in?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #5

I also live in the Inland Empire
Old 04-16-2011, 12:27 AM   #6

Where do you take your ev for repair in the Inland Empire
Old 04-16-2011, 07:14 AM   #7

Nice picture but why is it so bright outside. Welcome from what is currently a rainy, snowy, cool weekend in Canada. Old Guys

Old 04-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime0022 View Post
I also live in the Inland Empire
Quote:
Where do you take your ev for repair in the Inland Empire
Hey, we are Empire neighbors
I just brought my TT last fall so I'm still using the dealership for service. Family RV in Ontario off the 15 freeway about 1-2 miles north of the 60. Richardson in Riverside on Van Buren Ave has a small store that I can pick up odds and ends that seems reasonable. They also have a repair and service department.

I have more of an relationship with my RV dealership team. I really trust them and they have gone out of their way to help me after I took delivery and even up to this day. Like so many other gals out there it is so easy to be taken advantage of. Just like the auto dealership I may pay more at the RV dealership but they get the job done right from the start. Unlike my personal auto history, many people have good experience taking their auto to a different repair shop.

I have an Internet camping friend on another board and he recommends a place in Banning (I think its Banning). If you are interested I could find out the name for you.

Ok, its been a few days, how are things going?

Terie

Old 04-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guys View Post
Nice picture but why is it so bright outside. Welcome from what is currently a rainy, snowy, cool weekend in Canada. Old Guys

Our weather is just crazy but when it's nice, it's really nice. Of course we don't have the serve weather like most. We did have a long spell of lots of rain, rain, and more rain. There were several storms in a row and I had to cancelled some reservations more than once.

Oh, that bright glow is our halo (aka smog)

All kidding aside, Southern California is great for year around camping excluding high winds or storms.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #10

Old Guys .... the weather is great today, in the 80's. Gotta luv socal!!!! Only thing that makes paying all the state taxes......crooks ...oops mean congress..lol
Old 04-16-2011, 10:40 PM   #11

I know that place, right next to the ontario auto center. I ve been across the street Inland RV off 15fwy and 4th st and 6th. Havent needed repair yet. Just asking for the future. Terier you must live really close....neighbor. P.S have you noticed alot of the RV stores have shut down locally.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
I know that place, right next to the ontario auto center. I ve been across the street Inland RV off 15fwy and 4th st and 6th. Havent needed repair yet. Just asking for the future. Terier you must live really close....neighbor. P.S have you noticed alot of the RV stores have shut down locally.

Sounds like we are close neighbors
As for a lot of RV stores closing - I got that impression too when I first started looking. There's a big block of dealers close together off the 91 fry (Washington exit) heading east towards Colton / San Bernardino. Richardson RV (dealer) moved west a few miles down the 91 fwy so they are still in business. I didn't know about Inland RV - they must be neighbors to Family RV (North of 4th street).

Funny how things turn out. I wasn't seriously looking for a real RV but made the mistake of taking my sister along. I was safe as long as she was looking at the 300k mhs but then it happened... She found one within my budget that I could see myself in. I got bit by the "I want an RV" bug and after a few days I took her up on her offer to use her Yukon for towing.

I'm really happy with my TT. It's not my "dream trailer" but I find it comfortable and so right for camping for one. Everytime I go inside the trailer I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning.

Where have you or where do you like to camp at?

Old 04-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #13

I understand.... Only used it once, so far. We went to Parker AZ. I bought my TT off Washington St. Was looking for a used one, but older TT weighted alot more. We seen this one and loved the layout.... Wife wanted this one!!! costs more money lol. Well we have quads so I wanna go to Glamis, Pismo, San Diego, Bishop, .... Honestly I wanna use it alot. But like many of us gotta work alot. Right now just doing some small mods. What about you, where have you been too? Anybody know a good place in San Diego. Have been to the KOA there, but looking for new places.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:16 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
I understand.... Only used it once, so far. We went to Parker AZ. I bought my TT off Washington St. Was looking for a used one, but older TT weighted alot more. We seen this one and loved the layout.... Wife wanted this one!!! costs more money lol. Well we have quads so I wanna go to Glamis, Pismo, San Diego, Bishop, .... Honestly I wanna use it alot. But like many of us gotta work alot. Right now just doing some small mods. What about you, where have you been too? Anybody know a good place in San Diego. Have been to the KOA there, but looking for new places.

As for mods - the only thing I have done is hang a clock. And even that took several months before I could commit to putting a tiny screw in the wall.

As of yet I've only been to two campgrounds - not getting the biggest jump out of the gate yet. The first two trips were local to Cottonwood (Rancho Jurupa?) in Riverside. I also been to San Clemente SB several times and I really like it there. Not the prettiest cg but I find it so comfortable and love the ocean view from the trailer window.

After last year's 4-1/2 hour drive that should had taken only 50 minutes I'm sticking closer to home. (Remember that accident with the tanker truck that closed the 91 freeway in both directions after melting a section of the freeway?) I wanted to avoid freeways this holiday weekend so I will be camping at Prado Park in Chino. I drove through the cg a couple of weeks ago and really like it. Some of the sites have lake views.

The only place I've been in San Diego is South Carlsbad back when I was tent camping. I like it a lot and will go back someday but currently I'm in love with hookups.

Lately there seem to be several SoCal and NoCal posters here on the site. Maybe someday a F.R.O.G. event on the left coast (maybe 2012 or 2013 during summer or early fall) could be arranged. Ok, I admit that I wish I could attend the FROG event coming up in May but can't.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:03 PM   #15

Yup hope so, Id go if it was on the west coast. Wow u do stay close. Been to Prado for bbq a few times. Heard a nice place to stay off the 10. Think its called Cherry something in Beaumont or Banning. Cant miss it off the 10 fwy. Camping place in Yorba Linda off the 91 n 241
Old 04-21-2011, 11:47 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Yup hope so, Id go if it was on the west coast. Wow u do stay close. Been to Prado for bbq a few times. Heard a nice place to stay off the 10. Think its called Cherry something in Beaumont or Banning. Cant miss it off the 10 fwy. Camping place in Yorba Linda off the 91 n 241
Are you referring to Cherry Valley resort? Will need to check out the place in Yorba Linda. I've tent camped at Leo Carrillo and El Captian State Beaches and also Big Sur. I love El Captian & Big Sur and will be going back someday.

LOL- True I have stayed close to home but it won't always be that way. The first reason is that I am doing this solo and I have no clue what I am doing. I have limited help available to me so I am just taking it one step at a time. Although I brought the TT in late September I think my first outing was during Thanksgiving week.

The second reason - You should sit down for this:
Would you believe that I brought the trailer knowing that my little SUV could not tow it? Long story but anyway I'm in a three year lease with two years to go. Once I have my own truck I will be taking some real road trips away from home. My sister's Yukon does a great job getting me to the campgrounds althought I will never the that toll road off the 91 to San Clemente again. Boy, was that ever steep!

BTW: Returning to Big Sur is on my do-to list along with the Grand Canyon including other neighboring states.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #17

Lol. .... Tell sis to go camping with you and yes cherry resort... How is it?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #18
Site Team

I haven't been to Cherry Valley but my sister in-laws spend a lot of time there as well as Mountains Lakes. My late brother and his wife spent a lot of time at Mountain Lakes (which has a nice pool).

Old 04-22-2011, 11:04 PM   #19

Nice looking trailer. I have this same trailer on order right now. I can't wait for it to show up. How well does this trailer tow? Also what are you towing it with?
grambo_811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:52 PM   #20
Site Team

Are you planning to attend the RV show in Pomona next October? I wanted to last year but since I just brought the trailer I thought it would be wiser not to. I tend to second guess myself a lot.

I'm going this year knowing that I'm safe with my trailer decision.