Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2022, 12:33 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 10
Hello from Texas

After months of waiting our new Beyond is sitting at NIRVC in Atlanta GA waiting for PDI and delivery to our home In Texas. This will be my wife Pat and Iís 10th motor home, our 1st ďBĒ. Age and physical health has made the big class Aís and a tow car more than I can handle on a daily basis. After 47 years of RV travel there is still a lot more of this great USA to see. I have stumbled through other forums seeking experienced input from class B owners with the li3 lithium or comparable full lithium systems. So far I have received much appreciated input from non ďfullĒlithium owners giving calculated statistical data. I would like to get some feedback from owners actually using B coaches with full lithium/no generator. How is it working for you, the good and bad. Have you discovered any doís and donítís. All input is appreciated. Hope to see ya out there somewhere and have a cup of coffee or whatever.
10thtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 08:42 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
SeaDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 10,638
Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Who makes the Beyond? This is a very knowledgeable community specially when it comes to Lithium batteries and usage I'm sure someone will chime in with sound tested advice.
__________________
Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab) 10/04 - 05/20
2017 RAM 2500 CC 4X4 Cummins Diesel
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:39 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Who makes the Beyond? This is a very knowledgeable community specially when it comes to Lithium batteries and usage I'm sure someone will chime in with sound tested advice.
Coachmen
10thtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:16 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Houston
Posts: 208
Welcome! Where in Texas are you? Iím in the megatropolis of Houston

Regarding your question, Iíve read that if you try to run too many things at once it could damage your inverter. IE. microwave, coffee maker, or hair dryer at the same time.

Thereís a Coachman forum here that you could ask.
__________________
2018 E450 Forester 2291S
Sergiop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:44 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergiop View Post
Welcome! Where in Texas are you? Iím in the megatropolis of Houston

Regarding your question, Iíve read that if you try to run too many things at once it could damage your inverter. IE. microwave, coffee maker, or hair dryer at the same time.

Thereís a Coachman forum here that you could ask.
Thank you for your reply. Weíre in the minitroplis of Tool, (Cedar Creek lake). Iím a little old and slow with this computer and forum stuff. Where do I find the coachmen forum? I donít do face book.
10thtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:49 AM   #6
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 18,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thtp View Post
Thank you for your reply. Weíre in the minitroplis of Tool, (Cedar Creek lake). Iím a little old and slow with this computer and forum stuff. Where do I find the coachmen forum? I donít do face book.
It's not a separate forum. It's a sub-forum of FRF. It can be found here ==> https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f230/.


Congratulation on spelling Coachmen correctly!
__________________
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115; Booked for 2022 = 41
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 11:30 PM   #7
Now a "Top Member"
 
EdJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Roman Forest, TX
Posts: 3,281
Welcome from down the road a bit...also from the Houston area (just north a bit). I can't really give you any info for your questions, as I have a 5th wheel, with an old fashioned battery. But I did want to welcome you to the forum, and to say, hope to see you down the road!
__________________
Ed and Sharon
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS
2019 Ford F-250 XLT - AWESOME Truck!
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 08:52 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 10
Back to yq

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
Welcome from down the road a bit...also from the Houston area (just north a bit). I can't really give you any info for your questions, as I have a 5th wheel, with an old fashioned battery. But I did want to welcome you to the forum, and to say, hope to see you down the road!
Thanks for the hello. Hope to see ya down the road.
EX F100 crew chief.
10thtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 12:52 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 2
My wife and I are also planning to hit the road. I work remotely in an employee tracking system and plan to use a computer all the time, and maybe my wife will use other devices. Do you think it is possible to do it and not damage our inverter? Thank you.
Philli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 03:49 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 10
Need more info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philli View Post
My wife and I are also planning to hit the road. I work remotely in an employee tracking system and plan to use a computer all the time, and maybe my wife will use other devices. Do you think it is possible to do it and not damage our inverter? Thank you.
If you will give the amps of your batteries and watts of your inverter there are very knowledgeable folks on this forum that will gladly help you answer that.
10thtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 10:53 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philli View Post
My wife and I are also planning to hit the road. I work remotely in an employee tracking system and plan to use a computer all the time, and maybe my wife will use other devices. Do you think it is possible to do it and not damage our inverter? Thank you.
Philli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 10:55 AM   #12
Fully COVID-19 vaccinated
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: About 30 miles west of Beantown.
Posts: 3,816
This past summer, I got Texas on my map by staying at a KOA in Amarillo. What sticks out most in my mind about that place was the adult film studio just down the road.
__________________

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 01:33 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
This past summer, I got Texas on my map by staying at a KOA in Amarillo. What sticks out most in my mind about that place was the adult film studio just down the road.
Iíve driven by that place going to Colorado. What was your favorite movie?
10thtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:27 PM   #14
Fully COVID-19 vaccinated
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: About 30 miles west of Beantown.
Posts: 3,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thtp View Post
Iíve driven by that place going to Colorado. What was your favorite movie?

I'm not sure which of the many fine films I've seen were created in their studios. I checked IMDB but they don't seem to have an entry.
__________________

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 03:33 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philli View Post
My wife and I are also planning to hit the road. I work remotely in an employee tracking system and plan to use a computer all the time, and maybe my wife will use other devices. Do you think it is possible to do it and not damage our inverter? Thank you.
I can't see how you'd damage it unless you're overloading your system. You'd probably blow a fuse.
How are you going to hook up to wifi? If you're planning on using campground wifi... don't. It's not secure and most are set up for email rather than movies or online work. You need a hotspot on your phone or a separate device and a plan heavy on GBs.
__________________
2015 Dynamax REV 24TB class C
Reverse_snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.