Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2017, 07:13 PM   #1

Hello from Vero Beach, FL

Hey guys! Retired Marine/Disabled Vet new around here. Been lurking the forums all day trying to gather as much knowledge as I can before leaping in head first!

My wife and I have decided to buy our first camper but our options are a bit limited. We want to stick with a TT, but because of my height (6'6'') I want the larger room (bed with a slide) but also need to be able to sleep 4-6 (6+ preferably).

We also have determined that an outside shower is a need and an outdoor kitchen is a really high up on the list of like to have.

We're looking at the following models right now:

FR Freedom Express 293RLDSLE
FR Surveyor 33KRETS/33KRLOK
Cruiser MPG 3700RE

The one we like the most out of these is probably the 293 but the dealer wants way too much! MSRP is $46,781.75 and they say they'll do $39 (no haggling was done, this was their list price I guess?). I'm thinking we'd be willing to pay around $32-33 out the door for it.

Does that pricing seem reasonable without me coming off as low balling? I'm willing to drive anywhere on the East Coast for the right deal, but obviously the closer to Vero Beach, the better. Any other ideas on models that might fit our desires?

Here is a link to the one we're currently interested in:
http://www.giantrecreationworld.com/.../45823msrp.pdf

FWIW, we are choosing to stick with a TT because the plain-ness of the lower end TH's don't really appeal to us and I'd like to keep the use of the bed of my truck for a golf cart or something and therefore can't go the 5th wheel route (or afford a 5th wheel TH that would appeal to us for that matter lol).

Thanks!!
higabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:30 PM   #2

Welcome from Port St. Lucie.

Good luck on your search. Many brands with many floor plans to look through.
Scrub175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:19 PM   #3

Hi, I seen Vero Beach Florida and had to respond. I spent a number of Summers vacationing with my TT some years ago in Vero Beach. I use to visit my Step Mother before she passed away. The first time I used my outdoor shower on my TT was at the park next to the beach by Vero Beach. Memories.
Good luck with finding just the right RV for you. I think I would rather low ball an offer then pay someone too much. You can always come up, but once a price has been offered you can't offer less. Do some research to see what kind of prices are out there on the rig you are interested in. Make a list of must haves and would like to haves.
Welcome to the forum from the State of Missouri. Happy Traveling!
Wattsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #4

Welcome from SW Ohio , good luck in your TT quest !
Old 04-23-2017, 08:09 AM   #5

Welcome from Wisconsin and good luck with your decision.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
From what I read and see, 25% off MSRP is good and 30% is really good. Good luck with your search.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:09 AM   #7

Welcome to the forum,
Good luck with your search. Have fun stay safe and Happy Camping from Farmer NC
Old 04-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by higabyte View Post
Hey guys! Retired Marine/Disabled Vet new around here. Been lurking the forums all day trying to gather as much knowledge as I can before leaping in head first!

My wife and I have decided to buy our first camper but our options are a bit limited. We want to stick with a TT, but because of my height (6'6'') I want the larger room (bed with a slide) but also need to be able to sleep 4-6 (6+ preferably).

We also have determined that an outside shower is a need and an outdoor kitchen is a really high up on the list of like to have.

We're looking at the following models right now:

FR Freedom Express 293RLDSLE

FR Surveyor 33KRETS/33KRLOK

Cruiser MPG 3700RE

The one we like the most out of these is probably the 293 but the dealer wants way too much! MSRP is $46,781.75 and they say they'll do $39 (no haggling was done, this was their list price I guess?). I'm thinking we'd be willing to pay around $32-33 out the door for it.

Does that pricing seem reasonable without me coming off as low balling? I'm willing to drive anywhere on the East Coast for the right deal, but obviously the closer to Vero Beach, the better. Any other ideas on models that might fit our desires?

Here is a link to the one we're currently interested in:

http://www.giantrecreationworld.com/.../45823msrp.pdf

FWIW, we are choosing to stick with a TT because the plain-ness of the lower end TH's don't really appeal to us and I'd like to keep the use of the bed of my truck for a golf cart or something and therefore can't go the 5th wheel route (or afford a 5th wheel TH that would appeal to us for that matter lol).

Thanks!!

33K out the door- fair price!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman53 View Post
Welcome from SW Ohio , good luck in your TT quest !

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Welcome from Wisconsin and good luck with your decision.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
From what I read and see, 25% off MSRP is good and 30% is really good. Good luck with your search.

That's what I've been seeing on these forums as well and will be using that in my pricing/purchasing of a unit. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapex View Post
Welcome to the forum,
Good luck with your search. Have fun stay safe and Happy Camping from Farmer NC

Thanks! Got you some nice scenery up there! I've got family in Troy and Dobson, NC and I was stationed in Jacksonville, NC several times. Definitely want to move back up there before the end of time lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
33K out the door- fair price!

Thanks for the confirmation. I'd probably use $30k out the door--sign today as my starting point since I did tell him that was our max budget and he showed us that one. And then budge up to $33k as needed out the door as a final offer and then walk.
higabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:03 AM   #10

Old Dodger Town and Piper Aircraft is the Memories of Vero Beach to me! Good luck on your Negotiation's! Youroo!!
Old 04-25-2017, 07:24 AM   #11
(Dry Huunday)

Welcome from a brother Jarhead!

Born and raised in Palm Beach County...but got out of there before the whole SE Coast lost its mind!!!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote