Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #1

Hello from Washington (currently)

Hello,
I just purchased a new 2014 Forest River R-Pod. We have taken it camping once so far and we really like it. This is my first camper and I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. I am military (US Army) currently stationed in Washington State but I will be retiring soon and moving back to the East Coast. We purchased the R-Pod so that we can do some camping along the way and see some sights of our great USA.
ParaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
Anacortesians

We did the opposite. After 3 years at Boeing, after emigrating from England, I got laid off. We relocated to Tidewater Virginia to a job at NASA. Three years after that, Boeing called and asked if I'd like to return. I was so sick of the humidity and bugs on the East Coast, we were on the road back to Washington in less than a week. I retired in 1998, at 57 years old, and we're still in Washington. We think Anacortes is the nicest place we've ever lived and hope never to leave, except in a wooden box.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #3

Welcome to the forums from Idaho.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #4

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your 2014 Forest River R-Pod.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
RPB

We love it up Anacortes way ourselves. Visit several times a year. Our daughter lives nearby in Sedro Woolley and her hubby was raised in Anecortes. His folks still live there and his grandparents live very near Deception Point State Park on Whidbey Island. We love to visit and camp at the Thousand Trails LaConner preserve nearby. Lovely area to be sure. You've picked one of the nicest parts of the country to live. I'm a life-long Washintonian. Welcome back.
RPB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
washington