Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #1

Hello from Western New York

Today we brought home our 2008 Rockwood 2603. We have been camping in a 16 foot molded fiberglass (Scamp). We are looking forward to camping as soon as the weather breaks or we decide to head south for a bit. We are retired and therefore have few time restraints. Have been reading the forum for awhile. Have a question for the members. Our dealer has offered a four year extended warranty on our trailer and we are wondering if this would be a good thing to buy? Any suggestions or opinions are welcome. Thanks. Ed D.
Ed D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the "new to you" trailer!

We grew up in WNY (N.Buffalo and Darien) and we lived in Batavia twice.

I am not a big believer in extended warranties. Most consumer advisory groups advise you not to get them. If you still decide to go ahead, check carefully to see what is covered and what your deductibles are. Most common repairs are to appliances -refrigerator, hot water heater, furnace, ect. Make sure the company backing the warranty is financially stable and that you have a wide selection of repair facilities.

Plan on a trip to Kentucky and Tennessee someday - we have some great Core of Engineers and state parks in the south.

Happy camping!
Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Welcome from another Western New Yorker. We're in Orchard Park. You might even see a Buffalo Bill or two driving around in a Forest River Product. I know of at least one who owns a Berkshire 390bh.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #4

Hi from another WNY'er we're down in Jamestown. We're on our 2nd Rockwood, and bought the Forest River 2nd year warrenty being as our 2nd unit was new. We have the 2604, and love it.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Welcome from another Western New Yorker. We're in Orchard Park. You might even see a Buffalo Bill or two driving around in a Forest River Product. I know of at least one who owns a Berkshire 390bh.
OH NOOOO!!! Ed, don't tell me you are a Bill's fan!!! I can't be friends with a Bill's fan (LOL- Only kidding). My daughter-in-law is a Bill's fan as is my nieces husband (whose parents have had Giant's season tickets for as long as I can remember). They get a lot of ribbing from us 'big blue' fans here.

Hope all is well with you and the family and hope you are enjoying the less-snowy winter.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #6

Thanks all for the kind words. TMMAR it is hard not be a BILLS fan in Western New York we bleed red,white and blue. LOL. LINNEMJ Years ago we camped at Darian Lake. We go to the steam show in Alexander every year. WNYTAXMAN My son works in Ochard Park, also we bought our car at VW of Orchard Park. We live in small farm community between Niagara Falls and Lockport. I think we will really enjoy our Rockwood. Ed D
Ed D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #7

Ed D We camp up at Lazy Lakes in Cambria all the time. Love the area up there, the wineries the most. Alway stay up there an extra week after memorial weekend for the Lewiston 10 mile yard sales.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #8

Welcome!

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
OH NOOOO!!! Ed, don't tell me you are a Bill's fan!!! I can't be friends with a Bill's fan (LOL- Only kidding). My daughter-in-law is a Bill's fan as is my nieces husband (whose parents have had Giant's season tickets for as long as I can remember). They get a lot of ribbing from us 'big blue' fans here.

Hope all is well with you and the family and hope you are enjoying the less-snowy winter.
Tom
Tom, you should be a Bills' fan also.....after all, we have the only NFL team that actually is in NY. Sorry, I couldn't resist that shot.

We are doing well with our southern style winter. No cold, no snow, no problems, or at least no problems with our weather. Likewise I hope you folks are doing well down at the other end of our overtaxed state.