Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #1

Hello...just joined Forest River Forum

My husband and I just got our Forest River RV last year. We are both new to RV camping and are slowly learning about it. In this photo, we went to Pine Crest RV Park in Slidell, La a couple weeks ago. We had a nice stay for a few days. It is only about a 3 1/2 hour drive from our home, so we haven't gone too far yet. Last year we went to a nice RV park (DeSota State Park) near Fort Payne, Al. We learned how slow the RV can go uphill and towing my car! WOW!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pine Crest RV Park in Slidell, La.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	32878  
Pamelaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #2

Welcome to the Forum. I am not new to camping, but like you, I'm new to this site. A fellow in my camping club, a Rockwood Mini Lite owner like myself, turned me onto this site. I don't know whether to 'thank' him or 'slap' him, cause I'm hooked. I can't go 1 day without signing on.

I have learned so much by reading other people's comments, and especially love the fact that I can post my own problems or questions, and so many people help you out with their info and opinions.

You have a beautiful Rig...Enjoy
Sargent's Fox Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #3

Hi! Thanks for the welcome!! I see you have a 12 year old chihuahua...we have a 12 year old Collie/Husky...we took him the first time out in the RV and he would bark if I stepped out just for a bit...so now we have to leave him at our Vet's kennel... I was hoping to be able to take him with us...not sure what else to do about that.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking rig you have there.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #5

Why thank you Wiscampsin...I want to view your photos but have to wait until I get home...this work computer is too slow! I love pictures!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #6

Pamela, do you park your RV in your driveway or yard? If you do, I would spend time with him inside the RV, maybe an over-nighter, and then leave him inside while you are sitting outside, near the door, where he could see you.
Sargent's Fox Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by missing75 View Post
Pamela, do you park your RV in your driveway or yard? If you do, I would spend time with him inside the RV, maybe an over-nighter, and then leave him inside while you are sitting outside, near the door, where he could see you.
Good idea. What a shame to have to leave him behind during a camping trip. Most dogs love camping as much as we do. I hope it works out. We started camping specifically because we couldn't take our dog on cruises and (not conveniently) on airliners.

Our new dog would get sick on every camping trip to the point that we started referring to our truck as The Vomit Comet. After a few trips, she got used to the ride and sleeps all the way to the campground.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #8

We have our RV parked in our driveway (built with a bump out space for it). That is a good idea...He doesn't bark when we leave him in the house to go to work or shopping or.....sometimes he will if he can see us through the window doing stuff outside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV at home.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	32886  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #9

Our dog, Zeus, was such a trooper during the ride...he would sit on the seat at the table and look out the window like he was a regular human!!! He just didn't do well if we left...I would love to break him of the barking when we leave...I'm going to try the above suggestion!!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #10
RobbieT

Nice rig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking rig you have there.
Hey Wiscampsin! Great looking Sabre. It looks like the floor plan matches the plan of our new 2013 Sanibel 3400. We bought it right before we deployed to Afghanistan and pu it in storage. We don't even have a tow vehicle yet. Can I ask what you tow your Sabre with? I think we need at least a one ton but not sure if we need a SRW or DRW. Can't wait to get home to start our RV lifestyle. It also looks like you are a full timer? We are considering living in ours for about six months when we get back until we move to our next duty station. Any pros and cons of full time living?

2013 Sanibel
Still shopping (back early 2014)
RobbieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #11

Rob and Jillian, Thank you for your service to our country. I hope you get to camping soon!!!

It's All Good!!!
Geeza42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #12

Welcome to the forum. Lots of information on here.

It's All Good!!!
Geeza42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #13
RobbieT

Thanks Geeza42. We can't wait to get home.

2013 Sanibel
Still shopping (back early 2014)
RobbieT is offline   Reply With Quote