Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2008, 02:37 PM   #1

Hello, new guy with a new camper here

Hello all,

My name is Luke, and I am currently parked in Deposit, NY for the winter. I am from Tulsa, OK and use my camper for living in while away from home on pipeline jobs. I had been staying in a '94 NuWa Snowbird, but I finally decided to upgrade to a toy hauler after acquiring a couple toys this summer. After looking around for what seemed like forever, I finally decided on an '09 All American Sport "XLR" 39x12, and on the day before thanksgiving I drove to MI to pick it up. I still can't get over how nice these trailers are.

here is a pic, snapped on the way back to NY while getting some diesel.

tow rig is an '08 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 with the Duramax diesel with the Banks PowerPack bundle installed.
B.A.W.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:41 PM   #2

to the Forest River Forums.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #3

welcome, nice trailer, enjoy
Old 11-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #4

Welcome to FRF!

what kinda toys ya got??
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintgotnun View Post
Welcome to FRF!

what kinda toys ya got??
thanks guys,

a have a few toys, but the ones going in the garage are:

'09 Can-Am Renegade 800R X Package

and my '06 Suzuki GSX1300R "Hayabusa"
Old 11-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #6

Them Hayabusas are wicked fast......

get on
hang on
and shut the $%^@ up!!!

nice looking ride
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:17 PM   #7

Welcome Very nice unit you will be living in style while on the job, the others will be jealous for sure. Are you working for the REX pipe line? They are doing a lot of work in our area and there are a lot of them staying in local campgrounds too Enjoy your new camper and be safe on the job
Old 11-30-2008, 09:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy02 View Post
Welcome Very nice unit you will be living in style while on the job, the others will be jealous for sure. Are you working for the REX pipe line? They are doing a lot of work in our area and there are a lot of them staying in local campgrounds too Enjoy your new camper and be safe on the job
thank you. No, not the REX pipeline. I am working on the Millennium Pipeline, in upstate NY. I have been here since April, and will probably be here until June-July next year. We will finish construction and have service in 1 week, but due to the winter weather, and regulations set forth by the Army Corps of Engineers, and the DEC, we were unable to fully restore the construction work area. So I will be staying through the winter and inspecting the restoration that will take place next spring.

There are usually a large number of campers that follow these jobs around. Just with my family working here, we had 7 5th wheels at one time, and we make up a very small percentage of the people that were here. Local contractors built 3 winterized RV parks just to accommodate everyone that came.