Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2022, 09:19 PM   #1

Here we go again

New FR owner, Grey Wolf 20RDSE. This is the 1st TT, previously owning 2 5th wheels and 2 motor homes. Got away for a while, but got the itch and bought another one. Take delivery on 5/26, reserved a local campsite for the weekend to test everything out. After my last MH, a Thor product, I’m concerned about quality issues. Reviewing some of the threads, I guess I have some frustrations to look forward to again.
We have been retired for 15 years, and have wandered around a lot of the west and south east. Recently moved to northern Alabama, and looking forward to exploring some new areas.
Retired Navy submariner, 23 years with GE Nuclear, frustrated woodworker, and weaver of paracord. Thinking of adding wood carving to my list of attempts, since I can’t carry many woodworking tools in this small rig.
Looking forward to making the rig our own as we determine what needs to be changed, what is fun to do, and sometimes just a whim.
Also looking forward to meeting some of you. I always have a cold one available.

Regards,
RetiredJake
RetiredJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:15 PM   #2
Scoundrel

Welcome! Given your background I'm guessing there's not much that can go wrong that you won't be able to repair yourself.

Good luck with the new TT.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:33 PM   #3

I'm a Jack of all Trades, and a master of none. If there is a way to mess up a repair, I'm the guy to find it.
Old 05-22-2022, 11:25 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum and back to the rving community.

While we exploring the east coast, we kept stumbling on Appalachian Trail crossings. At one of them we met a man who had an 80 year old wife who was hiking the trail in sections. He kept himself busy by carving small whistles out of wood that he gave to hikers as they crossed the road. He made lots of people smile as he gifted his whistles to hikers.
Old 05-23-2022, 05:48 AM   #5

Welcome from SW Virginia !!!!

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote