Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #1

Hi

Hello,

I guess I should do the obligatory 1st post now that I have several posts.

My name is Chris Stover and I am currently living in Chattanooga, TN. I am happily married to my DW Karen and have a DS Jax (5). I tent camped when I was younger and wanted to get back into camping, however my wife did not seem enthused about sleeping in a tent. So I procured a used 2005 Flagstaff 226D Popup to give her a go. Well, my wife loved it. So recently she mentioned that she would like to move up to a TT. So I placed the popup on CL and started looking for a TT. The popup sold in 3 days for more than what I paid for it! I found a nice 2010 Grey Wolf 28BH about 2.5 hours away. Bought it and brought it home.

It is in great shape and rather clean, but not clean enough for me. So I field dayed the interior and exterior. After the battery darn near exploded to due low fluid level, I lost all trust in the PO, and went through the TT with a fine tooth comb. Had to replace the battery, replaced the hot water electric heater, did the thermostat mod, modded the kitchen drawer supports (there was none), added a fridge cooling fan, sanitized the water tanks (potable, grey, and black). I have a much better feeling as I know that everything works now and she is becoming ours now.

Now a little personal background. I am a member of the Active Duty Coast Guard. I am a Chief Boatswain's Mate (E-7) with just over 10 years in and am currently stationed on the USCGC OUACHITA that tends to the Aids to Navigation on the Tennessee River. This June I will transfer to the USCGC CAPSTAN in Philadelphia, PA as the Officer in Charge. My wife and I have been married 8 years.

Not much more I can think of right now, but I need to get the TT ready as we are leaving this afternoon to hit Cloudland Canyon State Park in North Georgia.

Thanks

Chris
cstover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Chris, its great to have you on board. Sounds like you have a good start on your new-to-you Grey Wolf. I think its always a good idea to do the maintenance myself, too. Make sure its done right.

Thanks for your service in the Coast Guard and congrats to you on your transfer (promotion?). Either way, its sounds like a move up.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote