Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2022, 11:59 AM   #1

Smile Howdy folks! Work-from-RV Full Timer here!

Hi all. I figure it's time to do an intro. Here's the abbreviated version:

--Sold my 15 acre sticks n bricks farm in central Indiana in July 2021
--Started living in my previous MH in the driveway of said sticks n bricks beginning April 2021 (1999 29ft Winnie Brave. No slides).
--Very quickly found old Ugly Betty too small for me, cat, and 2 big dogs.
--Decided I didn't need to live in a junker and needed something more worthy of the wear I would be putting on it.
--Bought Boujee, my 2014 GTXL360DS, in May 2021 after looking (unsuccessfully) for a shorter DP. Took delivery of her 2 weeks later.

Since then:

--10K miles under the wheels between May 2021 - July 2022, 19 states and Baja Sur Mexico in that time frame.
--Did the boondocker mecca thing over the winter (Quartzsite to start but quickly decided to move to Imperial Dam)
--Came back to Indiana for my kids college graduation
--Headed back west in August

What I've done so far to make the rig my own (not listed in order of upgrade):
--moved my 1000W solar system from old rig to new rig + 400Ah lithium & inverter
--added second transfer switch to be a slave for the inverter
--added DriveReach RV cell booster
--resealed the entire roof and recoated it with Dicor Fiberglass coating
--replaced the loud kitchen fantastic fan and bathroom fart fans with 3 remote controlled MaxxAire fans (remote required as I can't reach the ceiling without a step stool!)
--added SolarShade exterior windshield and cab side window covers (85% shade)
--removed kitchen TV (I mean, FR, WHY three TVs???)
--added washer/dryer combo
--removed day/night roller shades (they are available for rehoming!) from all of the windows and replaced with cafe rods and clip rings (window coverings are spare towels, blankets, pillow cases, bandanas -- whatever I think looks cool at the moment)
--removed the bedroom sliding door partition (got sick of it breaking!) and replaced with cafe rod and curtain
--removed rear bathroom door (took up all of the room in that bathroom as it was a swing-in, glass insert, door!). Did the same cafe rod and curtain deal in there too.
--added USBs here and there (there are NONE in this coach except the single one on the dash for the stereo).
--speaking of stereo, I just pulled that old Clarion that stopped working out and replaced it with a universal wifi/bluetooth/android tablet stereo. It looks and sounds so much better!
--removed old terrible OE back up camera system and replaced it with a 4K HD 4 camera system with DVR. The upgrade is AMAZING!
--this week, I'm replacing the blown OE Bilstein shocks with Koni FSDs and adding Sumo Springs (I take this thing where no 24k, 13ft tall, 38ft long, moho should ever go!)

Whew, ok, I think that's it for the mods....

I am a nurse and I have a consulting firm. I work from the road, so internet is important. Inlive with myself and two retired greyhounds (Dream and Crash), one cat that I've had since he was a kitten (M.D.K. or Murder Death Kill). And, recently, two male Betta fish (Stars and Stripes), 4 bronze cory catfish, and 2 mystery snails. Each Betta has its own 3 gallon aquaponic system that I use to grow fresh herbs (in the one in the kitchen) and micro greens (in the one in the half bath)

Anyway, HI!!

Living aboard and traveling full time with 2 Greyhounds | 1 cat | 2 Betta fish in a
2014 Georgetown XL 360DS | 2011 JK 2D 70th AE toad dragged around by the nose with a big BlueOx
Life is too short to live it in one location!
risenphoenix71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 06:46 PM   #2

Wow. That's quite a list.
The do make a fan stick so that you can put away your stool. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0027XEG...v_ov_lig_dp_it
I'm impressed. Two dogs, one cat and beta fish growing herbs.... not to mention the 10,000 miles and boondocking!
Old 07-12-2022, 09:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Wow. That's quite a list.
The do make a fan stick so that you can put away your stool. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0027XEG...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Thanks for the greetings!

But, I bet that stick doesn't have a thermostatic controlled automatic operation and rain sensing though.

I love being able to do whatever I want from the remote. It has more features than the fan body.
risenphoenix71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 09:35 AM   #4

OOPS! Sorry. I totally misread that fan post. (Need more coffee)