Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2007, 11:21 AM   #1

Howdy! From Northern Utah!

Hello!! We just purchased our Forest River 2005 Sandpiper F37 - I have thouroughly gone through and checked everything last night (still can't get the subwoofer to work and think that the dual fresh water tanks is weird.) But everything is good and it seems like it is going to be a great 5th wheel!

I work as a Budget Officer at Utah State University and just re-married a wonderful woman with three great kids. It is fun being a step-parent although very challenging. We are expecting one more addition to the family in Feb. My sweet wife teaches piano and is the most wonderful singer ever!

I have had a camper for most of my life, starting back in college with a tent trailer. It took me one misserable winter before I was smart enough to trade it in on an '03 Rampage 32 foot toy hauler! I used that toy hauler for everthing! I even lived in it while working through a misserable divorce. We have upgraded once again - I like that I can still have all my toys in the back and still have a place to relax and enjoy being with loved ones.

After having a nice rig - I hope that I never have to go without! We are still fairly young (early 30's) we love to go to the sand dunes and up in the mountains wheeling and we love to spend time at the lake. Speaking of (does anyone know the best way to add a rear hitch to the F37?) so we can haul the jet skiis etc. I took the one from the Rampage but it is too wide for the frame of the F37.

Yes - since we are in Utah we are Mormons. I love it and love the gospel and my Savior. I served a mission for two years to Dallas TX and loved every minute of those years. I want to take a trip back sometime (maybe when diesel is affordable again!)

It is nice that we have a forum where we can get to know each other better! I hope that it will continue to grow and I look forward to having insight from the Forest River Admin to help us if we have specific questions or issues with equipment or need replacement parts. I look forward to getting to know you all and I hope that you are all doing well and enjoying getting out!

Matt & Afton & kids in tow!
Lovell's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
RAC

to the forum. Have been to Utah many times. What a beautiful state!
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #3

Again to FRF!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovell's View Post
Speaking of (does anyone know the best way to add a rear hitch to the F37?) so we can haul the jet skiis etc. I took the one from the Rampage but it is too wide for the frame of the F37.
Not sure but you may need to look into a custom job??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovell's View Post
I look forward to having insight from the Forest River Admin to help us if we have specific questions or issues with equipment or need replacement parts.
Be careful what you ask for.

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:01 PM   #4

Welcome to FRF. Nice intro. You live in a great state!

J.R.
J.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:17 PM   #5
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Welcome...great to meet ya.
I haven't been to Utah much...but I stood on those salt flats. Cool.
I'd really like to return and ski those beautiful mountains you got there.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
utah