Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2021, 05:21 PM   #1

I have the best of both worlds.

I have been a financial advisor for almost 35 years. I considered retiring in 2019 but my managing partner didn't want me to go. We wanted to get our traveling in before we got too old to enjoy it so I started doing all of my work remotely while I traveling in our 2017 Wildcat 5th wheel. I started this before Covid made it the thing to do.
Now we spend April through mid-December in Wisconsin close to our youngest grandchildren then head to Port Aransas, Texas until the end of March.
Life is good.
lilthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:30 PM   #2

congrats, lilthom, and welcome.

How do you support your remote work? Do you need reliable high speed internet?
15kBTU AC; 12v fridge; 1kW roof-mounted solar panels; 80 amp MPPT charge controller; 3,500w pure sine wave inverter; 30a automatic transfer switch; MicroAir EasyStart, 600ah Chins LiFePo; Honda EU2200i (with Hutch Mountain propane conversion kit) gathering dust in the storage unit.
Rhumblefish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:45 PM   #3

The RV park in Port Aransas has good Wifi. While in Wisconsin we actually have a home so that's not a problem. Most often during our travels cross country the RV parks have good enough speed and if not I can get by with my phone's hot spot. I usually only put in around 5-6 hours in the morning and I have worked with most of my clients for over 25 years. They know that if I can't get back to them right away I'm either driving, golfing or just "off the clock".
lilthom is offline   Reply With Quote