Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2015, 02:29 PM   #1

Insulating a Slide Out

Hey so we just got a 2007 Keystone Montana Mountaineer Edition that has three slides. Our master Bedroom has a slide and we have gone camping twice in it so far, both in November and it's gotten pretty cold at night and we get a pretty cold draft coming from under the bed hat slides out. Does anyone have a good(cheap) way to provide some insulation under the bed to prevent the cold drafts? Thank you!
Leelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:57 PM   #2

Look at the weather stripping on there. Is it all installed and functioning properly. Does it need to be replaced? Maybe some garage door weather strip can be used.
Motofixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 12:26 AM   #3

Our old Teton had that issue in the outside corners of the bed we stuffed foam in there and put folded fleece over that ,all from the inside. That worked for us. Hope that helps.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:16 AM   #4

I put some reflectix under the bed. Lifted it up like you would to store stuff under and stapled the reflectix underneath.....stopped the draft.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out